[VDOP] BIGJERM

change log gripes****

21 posts in this topic

ok so i have read thru the most recent change log "unnamed" and let me just start by saying i am not pleased! the main reason why ppl took to this mod in my opinion is because all the things epoch did wrong you all did right. the added rep system and the focus on pvp was a big thing that epoch couldn't compete with... that being said, one of my favorite aspects about this mod was the freedom to build my base as i saw fit with no item limit or height limit. now you are taking that away. this is not a survival mod and neither is epoch just because you have to eat and drink doesn't classify it as such. in these type of mods ppl want to horde items like weapons and building supplies. the recent changes to the vehicle carry weight makes no sense what so ever in my opinion the hemmit should carry 15000 weight there should never be a decrease in capacity and there should never be a limit in building that's just my opinion what does the community think?

Yes, because as we all know, ARMA servers are magical things that run on fairies tears and unicorn sperm where you can build 40000 item bases and store a gazillion items and it continues to run great! Wake up ... 

• Like 13

Advertisement

from a server owners perspective, there does need to be limitations on object/building count.

the biggest cause of servers running like shit is too many items, (aside from when bohemia release broken updates)
In arma logic each wall, each door, each storage box... each counts as a separate 'vehicle' and you get 10 players with 900 item count bases, you see the server performance begin to crumble rapidly. You notice when you go near these large bases, the client side frame rate shits the bed aswell. The database takes longer to load all the objects in.
more objects = less performance
less performance = less capacity for running things like ai missions, more likelihood of server instability, more difficulty getting in and out of vehicles, delays on doors opening/closing/locking.  
the safepos script doesn't fire correctly during vehicle purchase and either throws a 13 error or drops you in the ocean and kills you.
all that kind of good stuff.

Forget the change log, I have already implemented in my server a limit to the building per radius. mine isn't as restrictive as the script posted in the forums here, but the restriction at least provides an incentive for players to upgrade their territories. while preventing arma from setting fire to my dedicated box. 

On the other side of things, you're right... I wouldn't classify this as a survival sim either.
It's a damn good framework to work with.
Yes, the hemmt should carry a metric fucktonne of gear

And the good thing about exile, is that if you know what you're doing as a server admin, you have the freedom to change whatever the hell you want, so if a server admin feels the way you do, re: building limits, they would be able to disable it with relative ease.
And that right there, is what epoch cannot compete with. the freedom to run your server as you see fit,
Without that damned CRC on the server files which crashes your server on startup if you modify the server pbo.

• Like 6

Yes, because as we all know, ARMA servers are magical things that run on fairies tears and unicorn sperm where you can build 40000 item bases and store a gazillion items and it continues to run great! Wake up ... 

Dude.. I've been looking for unicorn sperm EVERYWHERE but cant find any.. The witch doctor down the street doesnt even have any.

Yea I dont agree with this post at all. This isnt Minecraft where you can build your limitless bases. Most people that build huge bases do so because they are bored and have nothing else to do and usually dont like to PvP at all. There is no point to having some mega dick-tower standing straight up in the air for all to see.

• Like 6

ok so i have read thru the most recent change log "unnamed" and let me just start by saying i am not pleased! the main reason why ppl took to this mod in my opinion is because all the things epoch did wrong you all did right. the added rep system and the focus on pvp was a big thing that epoch couldn't compete with... that being said, one of my favorite aspects about this mod was the freedom to build my base as i saw fit with no item limit or height limit. now you are taking that away. this is not a survival mod and neither is epoch just because you have to eat and drink doesn't classify it as such. in these type of mods ppl want to horde items like weapons and building supplies. the recent changes to the vehicle carry weight makes no sense what so ever in my opinion the hemmit should carry 15000 weight there should never be a decrease in capacity and there should never be a limit in building that's just my opinion what does the community think?

Totaly agree With this .what is the point of make a BASE BUILDING mod and then nerf it Down to "you are not allowed to buil a base" I serious dont understand this.

He dude. I think you don't read it completely whats on the changelog. Rent a server and change it how you like it. I hate these kids coming here and rage about something that he dont understand @ all. Also comparing this with Epouch. Holy crap. This is nothing compared than that pee........ Sorry carried away. Idiot

Edited by Mike Nan

Totaly agree With this .what is the point of make a BASE BUILDING mod and then nerf it Down to "you are not allowed to buil a base" I serious dont understand this.

Ok maybe you need to contact the server owner to take a look @ that. Because what you are saying doesn't make any sense @ all. Or one tip of me rent a server and then complain if something is not working.

Advertisement