Sign in to follow this  
★Corporal Rambo™

Get the XM8 working with Clans, Bounties etc..

9 posts in this topic

So, i've been playing allot using Exile since it first came out and after every update i've seen that clan s and bounties are not working and that allot of stuff is in progress.. So this is how i think it would be. And remember every comment counts!

Clans

Clans is something that i think should be connected to Arma Squad Generator And Hoster. That way you can customize your squad through the XM8 and create it etc.. And i think that people that is in the same clan should always have a hexagon around them and that there should be a setting to turn hexagons off in the clan.

Bounties

You know when u meet some assholes and you really just want them to die? At a moment like that i would like to have bounties on the XM8. Someone pays poptabs and the person who kills this other person gets the reward for it.

Messaging

To be able to send private messages to other players through the XM8. Sometimes you might want to say something that you don't want others to see but still not add this person to your party or travel to this person to tell them whatever it now is that someone want's to say. So Messaging through the XM8 sounds like a great idea to me.

• Like 1

You could take it a step further and highlight the persons name and send a voice coms to them directly in game. However this may or may not cause some client side issues with support.

Otherwise a nice txt message would be cool.

Advertisement

Would be even nice if making a party was persistent after you die.  Every time you die you have to request to be re-added to the party.

We've found that if the party is more than one word then you get kicked out if you die, but you don't if the party name is one word.

Are parties supposed to be persistent, or just clans, or both?  It can get hairy and sometimes my group mates and I shoot each other before realizing it's not who we're supposed to be shooting lol...

I've been dreaming of persistent parties since the mod started.

It should be persistent if you add them by name. It then copies it to the database, and if they get booted, it rejoins them to the group. Unless the group leaders hit remove.

Same should apply for clans. Clans apply to each server, as a new clan. Each person they add by Steam ID. This way you wont have name problems for your clan.

Unique ID's are very important and can be looked up easily. A name just doesn't do it for protection. A SQL database query is done, adding or removing clan members.

I'll double check... every time I've clicked on the clans tab it still says it's WIP.

Could you elaborate a little on the adding by name?  We typically create a group, then click their name and invite.  If anyone leaves and comes back they need a new invite.

Would be even nice if making a party was persistent after you die.  Every time you die you have to request to be re-added to the party.

In my testing the party is persistent through death. 
However Parties have needed to be recreated in the rare event of all party members being dead. 

In my testing the party is persistent through death. However Parties have needed to be recreated in the rare event of all party members being dead. 

i wish i could say the same, we frequently get split into two groups when dying, then not only do you have to re-invite, you have to have one person leave the extra group as well.

Advertisement