BilalGilani

Remove wood structure as this is 2030 arma

21 posts in this topic

Yup ill be blunt.remove wood structures coz when you make them and look at them they are lame.As we are in advanced era we need all the assets like steel towers,sand box,barb wire,cemented walls,bunkers and more.Some of you at this point are angery but what can i say.use blue prints,or projectors to display or put in the place we want and then fill the projector with materials. There are ppl who are sugesting these things but please remove wood structures as they look hidious from afar.but i hope things will be adding soon.

You do realize this is a convict island without any furnaces or big construction companies? Wood makes a lot more sense, as per the game setting and the fact, that wood buildings will be built for a long, long time.

• Like 7

Advertisement

You do realize this is a convict island without any furnaces or big construction companies? Wood makes a lot more sense, as per the game setting and the fact, that wood buildings will be built for a long, long time.

right, totally a valid point to make considering the infinite supply of military vehicles on-hand... [/sarcasm]

• Like 1

ya we have helis and all the things but wood matter.are u serious!! We convicts can make wood structures and have a tank but not steel structurs.;) 

I say they add a tow along armored RV thing to drag around behind a vehicle. Just some place to keep your still and cans of cat food. People have been building with wood for a long time and don't see that ending anytime soon.

If you can craft a metal building why cant you make a Tank?

The way I see it is this:

Wood is a basic building material that can be easily used for a lot of different things. To make a wood structure all you need is wood (duh), a saw and the knowledge on how to use it.

To make a metal building you would need the metal first and foremost. You can make the argument that you can find metal out in the world (And you can) instead of having to go mine it but you would then need to smelt this metal down to a usable state and then cast/work it into walls etc. Not only would this take more work then a wood structure, I doubt most people would be able to figure out how to do this easily.

If you can craft a metal building why cant you make a Tank?

This just made me laugh

• Like 1

The way I see it is this:

Wood is a basic building material that can be easily used for a lot of different things. To make a wood structure all you need is wood (duh), a saw and the knowledge on how to use it.

To make a metal building you would need the metal first and foremost. You can make the argument that you can find metal out in the world (And you can) instead of having to go mine it but you would then need to smelt this metal down to a usable state and then cast/work it into walls etc. Not only would this take more work then a wood structure, I doubt most people would be able to figure out how to do this easily.

This just made me laugh

I worked as a heavy equipment mechanic for 17 yrs and I am currently work as a  engineer for the last 5. Its really not that difficult.

Up armored airstream the wave of the future!!  

You have prior experience working with metal so I don't doubt that you could do it. However, if you put most people out in the middle of nowhere with a bunch of scrap metal and tell them to build a shelter, I highly doubt they would do anything with it.

why not have vehicles deconstructable,

So if you find a tank and take it back to base you could dismantle it if you have a metal workbench and blowtorch upgrade that tank would give you 10 metal panels, 20 metal wheels, 2 metal o-rings, 12 metal planks, 2 ropes, 1 engine, 1 keypad.

have players looking for vehicles and building chop shops to get metal, glass and other buildables?

Just an idea

Advertisement