Sign in to follow this  
Chief Jellybean

Any one servers having hacker issues

11 posts in this topic

Advertisement

I've never seen hackers on any of the other servers I've been on.. weird. Never heard of hackers in ArmA tbh, maybe it's something on your computer?

Edited by Defent
  • Like 1

Sadly it's true @Chief Jellybean

a Bunch of the server owners in the dev skype group have mentioned this , no-one is exempt from malicious hacking attempts sadly ... Infistar and BE filters are constantly being updated to catch and deal with these spineless script kiddes.

CRE4MPIE out

Yes, there are "hackers". In fact one managed to make my client open some sort of menu thing and suddenly I was banned.

Be cautious in the banning of hackers, they sometimes can make innocent people look guilty. Always investigate!

It's been awhile since i've encountered an actual script kiddy. I've only seen espers and slight speed/TP scripts but its extremely rare that it happens. The fact of the matter is in order for some kid to hack on arma 3 they will need a pretty decent injector and those fetch up to about $300.00. So good luck to them wasting money and then getting banned when you have active admins that watch shit all the time :P

Arma and most multiplayer games out there are always on the cat and mouse game of hacker vs detector.  unfortunately hacking has become a multi-million dollar industry.  I luckily have not seen or have been effected by a script kiddy in while.  Mostly in my experience in running a wasteland server I always built custom scripts to minimize the damage a scripter could cause instead of trying to catch them completely.  

It always helps if you have admins who are dedicated admins.  Ones who watch and spectate and pay attention to server logs at all times.  But here lies a huge problem most admins also play the game, splitting thier duty from being an admin and actually playing.  I always find this to be a huge conflict of interest.  

Edited by Ephdup

Advertisement