Laus

Vehicle disappearing

Question

Hello guys,

I'm having a lot of reports of player you are having their vehicles "disappearing".

They are not one and not two players, are several.
Most reports that the vehicle disappeared from inside the base.

detail: most ''disappearances'' It happened after the server restart.

Server Version: 0.9.35 "Nectarine"
Infistar: ultima versão

Dedicated server

Average players: 50

ty

sorry for my bad english

Edited by Laus
  • Like 2

30 answers to this question

We are having this problem aswell, i saw with my own eyes. That when i logged in after the restart my helicopter flipped upside down. And exploded.

We had 8 reports so far of people losing vehicles.

• Like 2

I think there's a problem between the reading of the database (position) and spawn item on the server.

For this reason some are born "sideways" (flip), others upside down and consequently some explode, thus disappearing.

Only the developers to fix it ... My report this done, should they need more information, let me know!

TY

sorry for my bad english

Advertisement

Okay many may not know this. The way Arma spawns in player owned or any vehicle is they all start out facing North. Then what the server does is update the direction from there. So if you are loosing land vehicles out of bases it is more than likely they are exploding. Inform players to park facing North or leave room for the vehicle to turn 360. With choppers I have seen where they do seem to just fall from the heavens and can be an issue. If you are trying to park them on anything but the ground....that is a gamble. Also again face them North or leave room for rotation including their rotor. I have tested this theory myself after someone on my server told me about it.

ok, I understand your explanation.
but that this only happening in EXILE MOD.

For this reason I think it has some error in (Database > Server).

what do you think?

ty

ok, I understand your explanation.
but that this only happening in EXILE MOD.

For this reason I think it has some error in (Database > Server).

what do you think?

ty

It happens in Wasteland and Epoch also as far as I am aware. Arma isn't designed to be a persistent game so was never intended to read vehicle position data from a database.

The general rule is, don't park vehicles on constructed floors or too close to other items over a restart or you run the risk of the vehicle exploding when you log in again.

• Like 1

we have some of oure users too who are experincing this.... we first thought that it could be one of the mods we are using, but seems like its a "common" problem in the new exile, after what i could see in this post and another.....

It happens in Wasteland and Epoch also as far as I am aware. Arma isn't designed to be a persistent game so was never intended to read vehicle position data from a database.

The general rule is, don't park vehicles on constructed floors or too close to other items over a restart or you run the risk of the vehicle exploding when you log in again.

The problem is, in exile it happends when you login close to the vehicle. Even if nothing is close to the vehicle it can explode 

maybe give the database a routine to face all vehicles up to north at server start so they dont need to correct their position theirselves?

Arma may not be designed to be persitent, but these modded servers are suppossed to be.  I played Arma 2 Epoch for a long time and never lost a vehicle like this.

I dont believe these explanations/theories are correct.. I've lost a couple vehicles that were out in the open next to nothing, didnt log in near them either. Same with a couple of my buddies.  And they don't disappear after one server restart, seems its usually a few days.  I was thinking it was related to not touching/using them for a few days as was the case with my disapearing vehicles and boat.  

I do like the exile mod and hope they keep up the good work.

Depending on how the server is setup there is auto cleanup of vehicles. I think the default is 7 days of inactivity, but it's completely up to the server admins to set a inactivity time limit.

This might only apply to newer versions of exile though. 

• Like 1

On 10/30/2015 at 4:24 AM, Dawg711 said:

This man has given you the answers you seek still you want to point fingers with lack of knowledge. He is right Arma is not meant to be persistent like we use it. Here is another effective proven trick. Have all your players park facing North. Also warn them that vehicles in Arma when first put on the map after restart start out facing North. There is nothing Exile or anyone else can do about this. This is the game!!! Go look on the Arma forums I am betting you will find what I am telling you.

Many of us get tired of those that get in these forums and want to pull down the Exile team. If you dont know what you are talking about then ask. Dont just make statements you know nothing about. That is not wanted in this community. I am willing to bet if it continues you will have a community of all you negative people that know it all but at the same time know nothing. So you all think about that and you know who you are.

Woah.  Reporting (suspected) bugs isn't being 'negative.'  Querying an answer isn't 'pulling down the Exile team.'

Squashing the conversation and taking offence on behalf of the devs creates more negativity than a dozen newb questions repeated a dozen times.

The facts are that vehicles disappear from the server (for whatever reason) and it affects Exile players.  That alone is reason enough to talk about it on the forums.  

Maybe the players can do something about it, maybe the admins can too but I'm sure the devs can.  Every modder has to work around Arma bugs and shortcomings.  Every mod is full of workarounds for broken functions or custom replacements for functions that are missing from vanilla Arma.

Without clever workarounds like ExtDB we wouldn't even have persistent worlds, so throwing up a wall and saying, "It's Arma.  You can't expect it to work properly," isn't helpful, doesn't encourage community participation and doesn't progress the mod.

Now to add my own info, I've noticed building materials loading back from the DB at incorrect angles.  Vehicles that load in and explode, as is being suggested, but also vehicles that simply don't load in after a restart.  I've checked the garbage collection timers and nothing should have been cleaned up.  DB anomalies also seem to happen more frequently to the first people to join the server after a reboot.  I've had less of these problems since I enforced a 2 minute server lock before and following a reboot.

My next steps will be to review the SQL logs and see what is being removed and when.  So I guess, if you are having this issue, *do* listen to experienced forum members when they offer advice but *don't* let someone bully you into silence if you still have questions or doubts.

Edited by speedweasel
Spelling
  • Like 3

Advertisement