Rob

Attachment "duping" in 0.9.35

16 posts in this topic

Hello,
it is still possible in 0.9.35 to dupe by selling attachments from weapons that have a stock attachment from a car.
To be more precise, it will not get duplicated, but you can sell it endless times.
If I got it correct, the weapons with stock attachments (like smg_02_aco_f) got removed from the loot table.

However, by analysing the database log, I saw, that yesterday a smg_02_aco_f occured on my server out of nowhere. I indeed use A3XAI, VEMF, DMS and Helicrashs, but a text search for smg_02_aco_f  in my whole exile directory showed, that none of the scripts contains smg_02_aco_f. So I really don't know, how that item come to the server. (I assume, my server is small enough, that no hacker targets it and it doesnt got spawned that way).

However, anyway, I think it would be pretty if the exile sell code can also handle weapons with stock attachments or at least block the selling of the attachments. :)

BR
Rob

• Like 1

Advertisement

Let me explain why this happens:

When you sell something at a trader, everything from your inventory (or vehicle) is removed and added again. There is no proper way of removing a certain inventory item in Arma only. When you sell an attachment of an equipped weapon, we will remove the weapon (and all the other things) and add the weapon to the player again. If you have a weapon that has attachments on the weapon by default, it will of course add the attachments, too. Thus you can sell the attachments over and over again.

Please remove ALL weapons that spawn with attachments on them by default. It is only them that cause the problem. Vanilla Exile has no weapons that do that.

I have moved this topic to the customization forum so hopefully everyone will notice.

• Like 3

Hello, I have noticed something weird either it is because of the 09.9.35 update or its my files.

When I double click on my flashlight attachment on a weapon it brings up the picture and details for the scope and

when I do the same on the scope it will bring up the picture details for the flashlight.

I found this because headlights and attachments were not working so I was trying to figure out why.  Heli lights may still work and vehicle reverse light still works.

for now I removed ability to sell from vehicles at trader and used this command on vehicles update

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/removeAllPrimaryWeaponItems

I am having this issue. It is also with some ai that start with specific guns with attachments. Would it be possible to elaborate on how you disabled the selling from cars?

thanks 

Edited by Tuna

I am having this issue. It is also with some ai that start with specific guns with attachments. Would it be possible to elaborate on how you disabled the selling from cars?

thanks 

Interested as well.

thanks 

edit ExileClient_gui_traderDialog_updateInventoryDropdown.sqf remove _nearVehicles = nearestObjects check at bottom it's that simple

you get file from exile client copy to server mission add to custom code check.

The best method will be to NOT add weapons from third party addons that spawn with attachments on them by default. We have removed all attachments from vanilla Arma weapons.

Think about it. When Arma spawns the weapon, it spawns the attachments too. Take one of these weapons, put the attachment that spawns with it somewhere else and relog. Et voila: You have "duped" the attachment.

It is your responsibility to NOT add these weapons to game. Add the weapon without attachments instead.

Edited by Eichi
  • Like 4

Advertisement