Sign in to follow this  
John Exile

I happen to have a Dedibox, with little time.

10 posts in this topic

We (Myself and my co owner) probably open to the idea of someone that we trust using my box for an arma 3 exile server.  With limitations.

Server details

i7 3770 3.4GHz

32 GB

Windows server 2012 R2.

3TB HHD

1GBPs speed

Based in Germany

What would be ideal is someone who's not young, knows what they are doing, has time and effort.

Message me if you want more details.

Edited by John Exile

yo i am 19 i own 8 servers in real life i also can host arma 3 , rust , ark and more i  am really good with windows server os 2012 2008 please pm me on skype joshhopey or steam xRascal

Advertisement

Good luck finding a free non windows 2012R2 server to use.

That being said, I just helped a guy setting up the E.S.P. Exile Stats Page 4.0 on a W2K12R2, the only thing that keeps me away from the OS is that it's Windows 8 with added server features, when we're talking servers, I really need my start menu!!! 

I have no problem with W8 or W10 on client-end, but I honestly don't think it suits the purpose of server OS.

If it wasn't W2K12R2 I would probably offer myself, but as long as it's W2K12R2, then HELL NO! B|

You do understand that ALL of the Server OSes from MS are based on the same code base as their Desktop OS? This all started around Windows 2000, so, yes it's has a Windows 8 type interface. Heck even back in the NT 3.1 days the NT 3.1 Server OS had the same interface as the NT 3.1 Workstation.

It's just what they do. Pin the things you need to the Start Screen. Don't dismiss all of the advancements and newer features based on a menu.

Edited by Crazy Harry
  • Like 1

Thanks for trying to enlighten him Crazy, I fear it's wasted though (blinkers).  I just Don'y bother argueing with people now.

It's okay, someones already jumped at the chance and is now getting the use of it.

Guess this topic can be closed.

Thanks.

That being said, I just helped a guy setting up the E.S.P. Exile Stats Page 4.0 on a W2K12R2, the only thing that keeps me away from the OS is that it's Windows 8 with added server features, when we're talking servers, I really need my start menu!!! 

I have no problem with W8 or W10 on client-end, but I honestly don't think it suits the purpose of server OS.

Welcome to Windows Server 2016 it's windows 10 but with all the features and more of 2012r2. Although i do like 2012

Advertisement