Sign in to follow this  
Liqu1dShadow

Content I make for my server

8 posts in this topic

Advertisement

400 vehicles, missions, roaming ai, and thousand+(?) custom buildings... that might work "OK" with 0-15 players - but it's a simple ARMA-issue, clients will have FPS-hits (particularly from the vehicles) - if you ever get back to the 30+ players you had 2 weeks ago you'll be in a world of hurt, and start bleeding players man, especially if players start building bases a lot (which they do eventually) add 4-6000 buildables on top of that and you'll be having to start removing stuff... 

I understand the effort and frustration us server owners go through to try to get players to play and stay on our server, and in some cases it's better to have "cool stuff" than the best FPS, but you'll end up on the wrong end here I think in the end mate. Still, good luck. They are some cool custom map content. 

we had 27 on the other day and FPS was at 55-60 and thats good enough for me :) if I drop below 50 then ill look at it. There is only 1000 added buildings to make all of these, so its not as huge as they look.

Advertisement