dobrowney

Support for cba a3

71 posts in this topic

Advertisement

Exile could actually do some pretty cool stuff with CBA too.  The extended event handlers offer some really neat features.  

When you look at what ACEMOD is and what Exile could have with ACEMOD into Exile. Everyone watched Frankie's video. They all want to play on that kind of server or a high percent do. Adding options , or support so the server owners can add all the custom mods to really customize there server is key. Other mods that where released did not offer support for 3rd party mods very well. Just like to see something different here and as a server owner, see no real limits to the mods or scripts added to the server to make it that server owners own. 

• Like 3

I'm already looking for alternative means to replace exile from my modset for this exact reason, artificial restrictions on users will send this mod the way of the dodo if people are locked into things. If we're paying real money to provide an experience I want the freedom to curate it. 

• Like 1

So does CBA not work right on your servers? I have mine running with CBA, JSRS and Blastcore and it works fine with those on.

You care to elaborate? maybe JSRS works for enviromental sounds but doesnt work for gunshots? My friend just told me how it worked on my server. And that CBA is the thing needed for proper sounds of gunfire.

CBA is ran under the -servermod= parameter. Jsrs and blastcore are client-side and only need the keys on the server to work right. On my server all three are working as advertised with zero issues into 2 weeks of testing on Esseker. The install is just as straight forward as installing exile itself,  no script tricks needed.

Edited by [FTC] Turbo [CEO]
  • Like 1

Advertisement