Sign in to follow this  
Bushwookie.net

Amphibious Cessna

5 posts in this topic

We saw the files for the Amphibious Cessna, we spawned it in, we test flew it, it worked fine on land, but every time I tried landing it on water, no matter how slow or perfect the landing, it would just flip up and blow up the moment it made contact with the water. I understand this will be a very difficult feature to code, so no rush... I'm just curious  when we should expect to see it. I'm sure that a lot of players would love to have an amphibious Cessna.

• Like 1

I made almost the exact same post on the old forum. Cant get it to land on water either. On the old forums another user replied with in game screenshots of it working so not sure what/how to do this..

Advertisement

Just tried it inside the editor using the cessna amphibian

got it to land just fine on the water with a touchdown speed of 70.

Any faster will cause the plane to bump back into the air as soon as it makes water contact.

causing damage to the plane and player.

Did anyone get one to work in multiplayer? Back in Arma2 I tried but failed. The basic issue is that the model comes with a fake "ground" that extends under it, causing it to not sink in water. That layer is, however, rendered by the server and on a multiplayer server it will start lagging behind you once you reach certain (rather low) speed and the airplane will slip off and fall into the sea.

Advertisement