Sign in to follow this  
[SiN] Pvt.Dancer

Slow server load

17 posts in this topic

Anyone have any idea what could cause a server to load slowly? This just started happening after I updated some settings in the exile_server_config.pbo. So the server starts it starts running the script to kick each slot then says "Game Started" and then sits there for 10-15 min sometimes longer.

Advertisement

Slightly not much see my settings below. -servermod=@asm;@ExileServer  is my mod line. Thanks for the help!

vehiclesGridSize=2200;
        vehiclesGridAmount=5;
        vehiclesDebugMarkers=0;
        damageChance=60;
        maximumDamage=0.89999998;

I would seriously suggest reducing the vehiclesGridAmount=5; to vehiclesGridAmount=2; or even vehiclesGridAmount=1;

On Altis where the map is about 22000x22000 setting the vehiclesGridAmount to 5 will probably spawn about 500-600 vehicles on top of the vehicles players have bought which is a ridiculously high amount (you could easily end up with 1000 vehicles on the map).

Random spawned vehicles have to have their spawn position calculated every time the server restarts which can take a few minutes for 500-600 vehicles even on quite a high spec server)

Edited by second_coming
  • Like 2

Thanks guys, I've reduced it not really understanding how many vehicles it would spawn and it was indeed an absolute ridiculous amount of them. it seemed to help some for sure. the other half I think is because my hosting company is shorting me on the HDD speed in my dedi server :\ I'm spoiled... have to many SSDs at home lol

I have that running in my home server but my internet is not up to the task. So I've got a dedicated host at a data center and the one I can afford does not have SSDs :( but after it loads the server runs great, I've tweaked and tested to get some great results so I'm a damn happy man over all!

• Like 1

I have that running in my home server but my internet is not up to the task. So I've got a dedicated host at a data center and the one I can afford does not have SSDs :( but after it loads the server runs great, I've tweaked and tested to get some great results so I'm a damn happy man over all!

A tip, if the performance starts to be weak, you can easily add a headless client, and script a redundancy / load-balancer for AI for example, I use that for my other servers to reduce lag, once I get everything added to my Exile server, I'll probably add a HC to handle the AI.. But only because of 1.50...

Advertisement