Darth_Rogue

Random Heli Crashes

167 posts in this topic

Random Heli Crashes w/ Loot

// Function file for UKGZ //

// Created by: Richie //

// Modded by: Vampire & xBowBii //

// Modded for Exile by Darth_Rogue & Shamis//

This addon PBO will allow you to spawn heli crashes at random positions on your server which will also spawn random loot for players. In my opinion the best thing about it is that it's tied to the Exile loot spawn system, so loot will only spawn when a player gets close and then gets cleaned up when a player leaves. When a new player comes along, fresh loot is spawned in its place. Lather, rinse, repeat.

INSTALLATION:  See readme in the download

NOTE: The crashes are tied to the Exile loot spawn system. That being the case, they are bound to the same rules and restrictions as any loot spawning building, meaning that they will not all always have loot. I believe the default loot bias is set to 55%. Also, how often loot will respawn is determined by different loot variables, such as how long it's been since the area was last looted, how far away players are, etc. So if you get complaints that there's no loot at a crash site, that's probably why.

DOWNLOAD - https://github.com/DarthRogue/Exile-Heli-Crashes

3/7/16 - Updated to work with Exile 0.9.6

Edited by Darth_Rogue
  • Like 15

Advertisement

Because it seems dumb to have a vehicle crashed and all torn up and perfectly intact crate full of gear sitting next to it.  It's much more realistic and immersive to have stuff scattered on the ground around the crash site. And besides, gear is plenty easy enough to find on most servers and most servers also run AI missions, which means that there's already tons of loot crates around.  It's already too easy for players to get geared up as it is honestly.  This gives them a little something but not too much so as to tip the balance any further off than it already is.  

• Like 3

Getting this error, I guess its too early to use that function, server needs to start up completely

5:05:26 Error in expression < BIS_fnc_isPosBlacklisted)) then
{
if ((_pos distance _testPos) >= _minDist) the>
 5:05:26   Error position: <_pos distance _testPos) >= _minDist) the>
 5:05:26   Error Undefined variable in expression: _pos
 5:05:26 File A3\functions_f\misc\fn_findSafePos.sqf, line 98
 5:05:26 Error in expression <["_newX", "_newY", "_testPos"];
_newX = _posX + (_maxDist - (random (_maxDist * >
 5:05:26   Error position: <_posX + (_maxDist - (random (_maxDist * >
 5:05:26   Error Undefined variable in expression: _posx
 5:05:26 File A3\functions_f\misc\fn_findSafePos.sqf, line 90

How do you change the Fire and smoke to Just smoke. I really do not like the Fireball around the Heli ..  Would I change test_EmptyObjectForFireBig to 
test_EmptyObjectForSmoke

Edited by dobrowney

Hey man.

Just having a look at the battleye filters.

Should that be:

7 createVehicleLocal !"_smoke1 = "#particlesource" createVehicleLocal getpos _v;"

and not

7 createVehcileLocal !"_smoke1 = "#particlesource" createVehicleLocal getpos _v;"

Thanks for the reshare.

~iCE

Hey man.

Just having a look at the battleye filters.

Should that be:

7 createVehicleLocal !"_smoke1 = "#particlesource" createVehicleLocal getpos _v;"

and not

7 createVehcileLocal !"_smoke1 = "#particlesource" createVehicleLocal getpos _v;"

Thanks for the reshare.

~iCE

Yes correct.  Typo on my part.  That's just for the one wreck that smokes a little bit.  

Advertisement