Sign in to follow this  
deanver

Why am I losing respect?

16 posts in this topic

Some players on the server I been checking out are losing Pop Tabs as well on top of Respect.

Not sure if it's the core mod or their addons but this server has only put on missions and heli lift as far as I can see.

Advertisement

Had a player on the servers I play on lose 68k pop tabs (kept the last 2k for some reason, even though the server doesn't offer "starter tabs") on relog this morning. Same type of deal... and he didn't log in until 15 minutes post-restart. 

Seems like it's kind of a random problem. 

Potentially game breaking... I have no safe zone scripts that do that and I've had players lose money and almost ALL rep and I have personally lost ALL rep a few times. Thought it was the DMS missions but I removed them and the problem persisted. I've only had it happen when players kill people/AI from vehicle mounted weapons. This is somthing you guys should check out @MrWhite

More users have posted here...

And there is also a Trello Bug report here....

https://trello.com/c/c9mW46LV/223-players-are-losing-rep-when-killing-other-players-from-vehicle-mounted-guns

Quote from Chris @ Infistar...

Arma related.

pilot/driver is the owner of the vehicle which is why the pilot is considered from the damage handler on the attacked guy, as the guy who attacked :P

can be fixed tho by getting the actual muzzle that shot you and then check what turret has what muzzles on the firer vehicle and so on and so on ~ probably something for the future? I am a bit to lazy right now but if I don't forget it I will post about that later :)

Edited by READTHESCROLL

I've had multiple players and admins lose around 10k respect, including myself. Since it seems to be happening to everybody randomly (not all at the same time) we haven't compensated anyone for it, but it would be good to know if this is being worked on. I've even had a couple players report it happening twice. 

I had one player lose 70k pop tabs when he died, but when he relogged it was fixed. 

I tried the same thing. I got killed and when i respawned I only had 25 pop and 25 respect.. Then later I died again and after respawn I got all my pop and respect back.. Wierd

I've had multiple players and admins lose around 10k respect, including myself. Since it seems to be happening to everybody randomly (not all at the same time) we haven't compensated anyone for it, but it would be good to know if this is being worked on. I've even had a couple players report it happening twice. 

I had one player lose 70k pop tabs when he died, but when he relogged it was fixed. 

Having the same issue on my Server too. Hav not quite figured out the X Factor yet. I just added VEFM mission today and I'll take it off to see if that fixed the issue. 

Same issue on my server,

Random player losing money and respect point during death.

Few of my players lose all poptabs and respect point after kill NPC from VEMF missions system.

We have Anti Camper script runs on our server too. I was wondering maybe that's the reason...

Advertisement