Rangecreed

Territory Respect System

21 posts in this topic

Hello:

I feel the current system regarding upgrading off the flag pole via the Respect is both lacking in features and also quite frustrating at the same time. Currently only the territory owner can upgrade the flagpole via his own respect and any other respect clan/territory members have is pretty much useless apart from paying maintenance fees.

When you combine these factors and the 200k + respect cost for a maximum flagpole this is alot of grinding of respect for the owner. When ever we go to sell something we make sure the territory owner is the one selling everything. At one point we where even trying to give kills over to that player when we encountered others in the world. What make it worse is some members of our group have plenty of respect and enough to upgrade the flagpole but can't pay it and thus we have to continue the respect grind on 1 player.

What I am suggesting is a *Respect Pool* or *Territory Pool* system. 

This system would allow clan/territory members to have an option in the XM8 to have there respect added to a Respect Pool. This would allow all members with the option enabled to share there respect in their territory, and then when the owner goes to upgrade the flagpole would see all members respect combined. This could be represented by a percentage bar or similar to an XP bar in an MMO. For example combined members respect is 46% out of 100% needed to Upgrade or 146800/25000. Or a simple system that allows you to deposit X amount of respect into it.

This gives the respect from the other members more purpose and use and makes the entire system alot more clan friendly than just putting everything onto 1 persons shoulders.

I look forward to your feedback. Thanks very much , also your new forums are gorgeous.

~Creed

Edited by Rangecreed
  • Like 13

Advertisement

we will see about clan respect pool - somehow that wouldnt be balanced out than... clan with 10 ppl can easy upgrade than :-) 

PLEASE put gaining respect for killing Ai on missions!!!

one added suggestion is to handle the 'respect pool' in a better fashion, is how it is done with pop tabs.

you need respect and i am not a member?  no problem!  i simply transfer you the respect like pop tabs.

you need respect and i am a member?  no problem!  i simply transfer you the respect like pop tabs.

this would solve the above problem AND allow transfer of respect between players!

:)

I think if they do this then the amount of respect you need for the top level territories should be much higher only because a 4 or 5 man team could easily grind out 250k in a week. Besides larger teams are most likely going to use the larger territories anyways and it puts a hold on those massive clans rising to the top because they are huge.

Would prefer to see a feed in system where you just have a progress bar on the flag upgrade GUI which would allow anyone with permissions to add however much respect they wanted and once the flag has enough respect it's upgraded.

Example would be. 10,000 respect for the first upgrade. Billy pays in 3678 respect, progress bar increases. Bob pays in 6874 respect, progress bar increases then hits the 10k mark upgrading the flag with the additional 552 respect going into the next level including the 3.68% on the progress bar for the next level which should be around 15,000.

Edited by Stoob

Advertisement