Sign in to follow this  
Le0

Call Alias weather scripts as system events ?

3 posts in this topic

I am trying to integrate Alias monsoon script into my exile survival server. In normal scenario the script creator asks to place the script folder in mpmission folder and call the monsoon script in init.sqf with 

null = [100,920,true,true,true,true,true,1] execvm "AL_monsoon\al_monsoon.sqf";

to invoke the monsoon weather for 920 seconds (one of the parameters). But, I would like to call this script lets say every 30 minutes or 1 hour in a scheduled way (or even better a bit randomly) so that all the players on the server can enjoy the immersive monsoon rain every now and then. 

I thought I should integrate this as a system event (@exileserver/addons/code and preinit.sqf) and create a new event class in config.cpp just like the AmbientFlyOver is structured. But, it didn't really work. 

Am I going the right direction or is there even a simpler / better way to call this script every now and then so people can be immersed in monsoon rain on my server ?    @aussie battler  Perhaps you can shed some light ?

Edited by Le0

Most of the time there is never a readme file to understand in how to install it correctly, maybe that why people dont use them.

In saying this ill give it ago to see if i can get it working later on.

On 6/21/2019 at 7:13 AM, hogansheroes said:

Most of the time there is never a readme file to understand in how to install it correctly, maybe that why people dont use them.

In saying this ill give it ago to see if i can get it working later on.

Thanks for giving it a go. I'll be keen to know how you installed it to have it randomly invoked (or scheduled). 

Advertisement