Sign in to follow this  
Zandyl

Bullet impact

Question

Alright, so I've got a slight issue on the server that makes sniping a bit difficult. When trying to work in sniper/spotter teams, I have noticed that players can't see other players bullet impacts past a certain range. You can see your own impact just fine, but not that of other players. What could be causing this?

6 answers to this question

Hello @Zandyl,

While there may be other reasons that I can not think of, the one I can is all of you have different image details.

An example:  Yours is set to 3km and everybody else is set to 1km.  YOU will see the shot, but not the others as their 'view' stops at 1km.

This is one reason why this is the case.  Are there others?  I do not know.  But I do know this one!  ;)

:)

@Z80CPU Thanks,

I had thought of that as well, but I do not think this is the issue. We all seem to be able to see our own bullet impacts at great distance, but when we try to see each other's, we can't see them past roughly 600 meters. I have tried upping my draw distance, and others have as well, but this solved nothing.

Advertisement

@Zandyl - You're more than welcome!  :)

I think I am correct on this one.  I seemed to remember others complaining as well about this.

See:

ALWAYS USE GOOGLE FIRST!  I found this using Google!  ;)

Google:  arma exile view 700

Edited by Z80CPU

@Z80CPU I think I read that post before. But that seems to not be the issue for us. We can see way past 1600m. If I take a shot at 3K I can see my own impact. Our issue is that we can not see the impact of other players past 600ish meters. But thank you for the reply anyway!

• Like 1

@Zandyl,

You're welcome.

To better help you and your friends, you should KNOW if you read it.  Thinking and knowing are two completely different words with completely different meanings.  'Guessing' usually does not work too well...  ;)

You also never stated if you're using InfiSTAR and if so, what are those settings.

The unusual problem you claim, out of the thousands of posts here and the 4+ years, I find it quite 'interesting' that you are the only one with this issue.

Steps you should take:

#1 - Read that post and all others, and verify your settings in InfiSTAR if you use it.

#2 - I would remove ALL MODS, and yes EVERY SINGLE ONE (do note, InfiSTAR IS A MOD TOO).

#3 - Put on your server the DEFAULT mission.

#4 - Try to replicate this issue.

#5 - If needed, BACK-UP YOUR SERVER then, add ONE MOD AT A TIME, then re-test (go to #4).

#6 - If problem exist, then you need to start ANY ARMA mp/co-op map (NO EXILE) and test on it too.  One of two things will present themselves:

6A - The problem does not happen on some other MP map.  This means an issue with Exile IF you have done #2

6B - The problem 'follows you'.  This indicates a problem with ARMA, in which case you need to file a message concerning this on their forums.

#1 - Either it is an issue that no one has 'discovered' before, which I highly doubt, though possible.

#2 - You have some funky mod/setting(s) doing this.

That is all I can think of it being.

Advertisement