sceneraider

exile server when connect spawn in ground

5 posts in this topic

i set up an exile server to play on and it seems to launch ok but when i connect it loads like normal then the screen turns red with the red box as my cursor as if im going to select a spawn location then a second later it starts to load again then i am starring at the grass. if you know how to fix this or send me in the right direction that would be awesome. ive been stuck at this for a few days now.

pictures below

thanks

you cant see it but i have a red squire cursor as if i was going to select a spawn point on the white screen

exile-problem-1.png

exile-problem.png

Hello @sceneraider,

99% of the time when you see this, it is one of the three:

1 - DB not setup properly/running/misconfigured

2 - Exile is not setup properly/misconfigured

3 - Both #1 and #2

You need to check of these!

:)

Advertisement
16 minutes ago, Z80CPU said:

Hello @sceneraider,

99% of the time when you see this, it is one of the three:

1 - DB not setup properly/running/misconfigured

2 - Exile is not setup properly/misconfigured

3 - Both #1 and #2

You need to check of these!

im using xamp for the mysql and i ran the exile.sql to setup the tables today for a fresh server. also the only file in exile i edited was C:\Users\asfdg\Desktop\Steam CMD\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Server\@ExileServer\extdb-conf i changed this

exile]
Type = MySQL
Name = exile
Username = root
Password = 
IP = 127.0.0.1
Port = 3306
minSessions = 2
idleTime = 60

ive followed multiple tutorial on how to setup a server but i cant get one to work. im not sure what im missing

16 minutes ago, sceneraider said:

im using xamp for the mysql and i ran the exile.sql to setup the tables today for a fresh server. also the only file in exile i edited was C:\Users\asfdg\Desktop\Steam CMD\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Server\@ExileServer\extdb-conf i changed this

exile]
Type = MySQL
Name = exile
Username = root
Password = 
IP = 127.0.0.1
Port = 3306
minSessions = 2
idleTime = 60

ive followed multiple tutorial on how to setup a server but i cant get one to work. im not sure what im missing

also when i go on navicat under exile>exile>Tables>account it is empty even tho i joined the server

@sceneraider -

All I can say is that the 'system as a whole' works.  It IS working right now for me and the 100+ other Exile server owners.

I would highly recommend you 'brushing up' on how to set up a v1.04 Exile server and DB.  As stated, I am 99% sure you 'skipped' a step somewhere.

And XAMPP does NOT come with MySQL v5.7.  Can it be run from MariaDB?  This I do not know.  Would you have to change things?  This I do not know either.  NOTICE, I said v5.7 of MySQL.  I have heard some people had issues with other versions of MySQL and things did not 'work'.

The tutorials that I have seen, do NOT use MariaDB .

"...XAMPP is a free and open-source cross-platform web server solution stack package developed by Apache Friends, consisting mainly of the Apache HTTP Server, MariaDB database..."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XAMPP

There was a time they did use MySQL in XAMPP, not any more.

All I can say is that when INSTALLED CORRECTLY, Exile DOES WORK.  Yours does not, which means you have messed up somewhere, such as having no root password.

And what is strange, you said you see grass, then you state that you should be in the DB???  That is impossible.  'Grass' means NO DATABASE 99% of the time.

You need to FOLLOW EXACTLY how to install and the tutorials MUST BE FOR THE CURRENT VERSION!  As several things changed that are new to v1.04.

I would also suggest you do NOT USE ROOT for ANY OF THIS!  Create a 'user' and use it.  After setting up the DB with MYSQL, test connecting with MySQL Workbench, if everything is working with it and it STILL fails, then you have an issue with Exile.

There are several 'parts' to this, one fails/is wrong, the whole process will fail.  ALL must be correct!

Set up the DB and test with MySQL Workbench.  And you SHOULD BE referring to your server RPT file for error listings.

Edited by Z80CPU

Advertisement