chaveezy

Arma3 Exile Infistar Install, Battleye Script Restriction

Question

Ok people, hoping you gurus can help me out here.  I had my server up and running until I went and installed Infistar, which called to overwrite all the Battleye configuration files (wierd if you ask me), but I did it.  Anyways, now I'm getting script restriction after script restriction on my Arma 3 Exile Server.  I have been able to field most of these but this one has me at a loss.  The following Script Restriction #4 details are from the scripts.log file.

#4 "cient player;

if(_urc < 0.2)then{

player setUnitRecoilCoefficient 1;

if(_urcr)then{

_log = format["Playe"

It looks like it didn't complete the logging of that command and I have tried to place an exception in the scripts.txt file of, !="cient player;\n\n                if(_urc < 0.2)then{\n\n                    player setUnitRecoilCoefficient 1;\n\n                    if(_urcr)then{\n\n                        _log = format[\"Player"

With no avail.  I also tried putting it like it has it listed (Playe), however that also did not work.

Hoping that someone here might have any ideas!?  LMK.

Thanks.

Brandon

4 answers to this question

Hello @chaveezy,

Make it SIMPLE on yourself!  Find a UNIQUE phrase such as " if(_urcr)then{ " and use this!

NO:  ! = "asdasdsad"

YES:  !" if(_urcr)then{ "

The !"some text" means

"some text is right" and "some text is left", BOTH would be allowed

Basically, !"???" is a WILDCARD.  Where !="???" is an EXACT match.

Just be REAL careful and select text that is UNIQUE!

Make you life EASIER!

:)

• Like 1

Advertisement

I am glad it worked for you @chaveezy.  And appreciate the shout out once again @infiSTAR!  Das ist gut!  ;)

BUT, @chaveezy one thing to make PERFECTLY CLEAR, the way I suggested is MUCH WEAKER PROTECTION than what you were trying to do.  If some hacking script uses that SAME LINE, IT WILL BE PERMITTED!

This is why I said use a VERY UNIQUE LINE.  You could 'boost' the security by inputting you OWN code in the script.

For example:

Original:  if(_urcr)then{

New:  if(_urcrThisIsMyCodeAndMyNameIsJoe)then{

The LIKELIHOOD of someone having that EXACT CODE with your name in it...well, it would probably be next to impossible.  But you would need to change EVERY '_urcr' in the script(s) to reflect the new 'name' which using something like NotePad++ would be a breeze!

Good luck!

:)

Advertisement