MickScandalous

Server on lan but not visible on internet.

Question

I have spent some time trying to figure out why my server isnt going public. I have checked that ports are forwarded through router and firewall. i see the server on LAN and log into it and play. When i look on the internet tab i can not see it. when i try to add it to A3Launcher it gives me the oh snap error. I do not know what i am missing. it is set to the default ports and persistent =1 in config i have -autoinit on my .bat.  Anyone else had this issue and know how to fix it?

8 answers to this question

5 hours ago, Beowulfv said:

No setting to make it public. Just need to make sure the port is open and the correct local IP is set to the port like 192.168.0.1 and so on. You can let the server run for 10 minutes and see if A3 detects it then. There has been the rare occasion where it takes a little time for it to be online before Arma and other sources detect it being on. The reason you can see it on LAN right away is because you're only checking your local network and not Arma's public network aka the Internet.

i needed to have 8766 also forwarded not just 2302 and 2303. one i forwarded it the thing came right up

No setting to make it public. Just need to make sure the port is open and the correct local IP is set to the port like 192.168.0.1 and so on. You can let the server run for 10 minutes and see if A3 detects it then. There has been the rare occasion where it takes a little time for it to be online before Arma and other sources detect it being on. The reason you can see it on LAN right away is because you're only checking your local network and not Arma's public network aka the Internet.

Advertisement
5 hours ago, Beowulfv said:

okay ill keep looking, i verified my router is port forwarding my machine and double checked everything once again. ive had this issue a long time ago but i think it fixed its self. thanks for the assist

15 hours ago, MickScandalous said:

I have spent some time trying to figure out why my server isnt going public. I have checked that ports are forwarded through router and firewall. i see the server on LAN and log into it and play. When i look on the internet tab i can not see it. when i try to add it to A3Launcher it gives me the oh snap error. I do not know what i am missing. it is set to the default ports and persistent =1 in config i have -autoinit on my .bat.  Anyone else had this issue and know how to fix it?

post your command line

Advertisement