DIRTYSNIBS

ROSTHE MAP FOR EXILE

8 posts in this topic

Im not a developer, but most maps can be used to be honest. You have to create mission files etc as seen as the map has only just come out so atm your proberbly on your own with it. I did watch a video once, cant remember who though! it show that if you got your  server ready with exile files then the map you want and any adon mods that the map requires to run it correctly!

So for instance just say youve hired a server and exile, your map, and any supporting mods that the map needs are loaded onto it. ok then if you go into MPmissions folder you will  proberbly see

Exile.Altis, Exile.Malden, Exile.Tanoa!

Right now choose one of those and change the name to Exile.Rosthe ok and load the server.

If your start bat line is correct and matches folders in root directory and map and mods needed are correct the server will automatically make a mission file for you and then you should be able to load in if all is good that is!

But you will then need to make traders, spawns, loot spawns and so on! Also dont forget to change the name in the server config file to match your Exile.Rosthe.pbo ok!

Hope this helps

Edited by Serpz
  • Like 1

Advertisement

Hi Serpz

Thank you for coming back to me.  we have an Australia server and Napf Server up and running but this ROSTHE map got my Spidey senses tingling would really love to do something with it. I,ll go with your gut feeling it should be ok to use for an exile server. 

I know be a lot of work getting everything you need on the map to run smooth but I think it would be worth it as long as the fps holds out as xcam was heavy on fps and these look similar but ROSTHE has less trees and spawns so im hoping be no issues with fps. I think it will be a map everyone would like to play on. again thanks for your input it was most helpful :)

• Like 1

Hi Snibs

No problem! Yes i loved the tuanus map as well used to play on a german server for a while and must admit i love that map! So yes would be good  if you could get it going as id would like to get on there too! :) let me know when your ready to test i volunteer for it! :)

Great hope to start one soon i will defo let you know. It will be similar to our other servers. Now there tought ai are hard but loot is plenty and mods are plenty. PUNISHERS NAPF AND PUNISHERS AUSTRALIA check them out there real survival you will die on them lol. The aus map is locked till we get small things sorted but be back real soon.

To my best knowledge, ANY standard ARMA 2/3 map can be used.  Nothing special involved with these maps.  Just standard maps!  The only issues will be if you use NON-standard items such as custom trees or buildings.  Then you WILL have issues as Exile does not take into account (for the most part) non-standard items.  This means YOU will have to code these items into your mission file.

:)

On 10/3/2018 at 10:19 PM, DIRTYSNIBS said:

Hi all, would any Developers know if  ROSTHE can be used as an Exile Mod Map.

Thanks

You sure mean Rosche, right? Because that would interest me for exiles too,

hi lads yep rosche this will be an interesting  map to take on.  I can see there is a few of us already liking this map. 

were just finishing of our aus map. when that's complete bugs and all  [ no pun intended at Australia]  we will have a look at doing rosche map.  thanks for all the input lads.  im always appreciative of any help and guidance 

Advertisement