SadBoy1981

Is exile mod still alive?

8 posts in this topic

Advertisement

1.0.4 update was about 6 months ago, 1.0.3 about 18 months ago. Will there be anymore  updates, who knows. 

Do people still play Exile?  Yes, but no where near as many as there used to be, however this is arma wide and not just exile. 

Would I open a new server the way things are currently?  No

1 hour ago, dekela said:

1.0.4 update was about 6 months ago, 1.0.3 about 18 months ago. Will there be anymore  updates, who knows. 

Do people still play Exile?  Yes, but no where near as many as there used to be, however this is arma wide and not just exile. 

Would I open a new server the way things are currently?  No

I only run a server for a small group of friends so my situation may be a little different. However, what I do to keep things interesting is about every 12 months, I start work setting up a new map with a different experience. For example, Cherno 2035 I have made a survival/DayZ oriented experience whereas Isla Abramia I initially configured with no traders (just a territory trader) and every month I'd add in one or two new things to mix the gameplay up a bit such as a new POI, mission and sometimes a new trader selling different things.

The point with Exile is that it's a fantastic platform to design your own experience and build on it, whatever that may be. Yes, you can just run a vanilla Exile server however doing so probably won't get you many players, it's the whole user experience that will get you a solid player base. You'll always have players come and go but if you nurture a good community and have a compelling experience with a good economy then you should be able to keep it running for a while before people get bored and move on or you need to create something new.

On 9/17/2018 at 6:34 PM, Riker2335 said:

I only run a server for a small group of friends so my situation may be a little different. However, what I do to keep things interesting is about every 12 months, I start work setting up a new map with a different experience. For example, Cherno 2035 I have made a survival/DayZ oriented experience whereas Isla Abramia I initially configured with no traders (just a territory trader) and every month I'd add in one or two new things to mix the gameplay up a bit such as a new POI, mission and sometimes a new trader selling different things.

The point with Exile is that it's a fantastic platform to design your own experience and build on it, whatever that may be. Yes, you can just run a vanilla Exile server however doing so probably won't get you many players, it's the whole user experience that will get you a solid player base. You'll always have players come and go but if you nurture a good community and have a compelling experience with a good economy then you should be able to keep it running for a while before people get bored and move on or you need to create something new.

Same here. My server is for mainly a small group of players even though it has 40 slots. If/when I get to an average of 10-5 player son a day that would be good enough for me. I made a server not because I want it full of player I made it because I wanted to make it in my image based off things I liked and disliked from servers Ive been on in the past. 10-15 would be perfect for me. Would I mind more? No but I dont need it.

• Like 2

Advertisement