Sign in to follow this  
sovcomrad

does not work useRealTime=1

11 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, time on the server is not synchronized with the time in Windows, who can know what can be a problem? And the server after restart always starts with 12 pm

Spoiler

class Time
    {
        // Uses Dedicated Server time as ingame Time
        useRealTime = 1;

// Will overide RealTime
        useStaticTime = 0;

// time in ARMA FORMAT << CONFIG
        // https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setDate

staticTime[] = {2039,10,24,7,00};
      };

Hello @sovcomrad,

I notice the same thing a few days ago.  It will NOT use 'current time'.  Lucky for me, I use a custom written program which starts my ARMA server off with the current date and time at every reboot.

You are correct though - It is not working!

It used to though!

:(

• Like 1

Advertisement

hahaha....it is MY exe.  ;)

BUT, if you use a rented server, you will not be able to use this as you MUST have FULL access to the server as you must be able to run non-ARMA exe's and create batch files (to run this exe and ARMA) which most people can not do as they are not paying 'full price' for a real server.

Line from my ARMA startup file:

"C:\Transfers\Zipper\Exile_TimeDateSetter.Exe" /PBO:C:\Games\Mods\ServerMods\@ExileServer\addons\exile_server_config.pbo /MISSION:C:\Games\ARMA\server\mpmissions\Exile.Tanoa.PBO /STARTDATE:REALDATE /STARTTIME:REALTIME /UPTIME:4 /GAMETIME:16

"Exile_TimeDateSetter.Exe" is the name of the EXE.

This has to be in the ARMA startup becuase it is run right before the server is started.

Below is a screenshot of it when it is being configured.

1Capture.JPG

:)

4 hours ago, Z80CPU said:

хахаха .... это МОЙ EXE.  ;)

НО, если вы используете арендованный сервер, вы не сможете использовать его, так как вы ДОЛЖНЫ иметь ПОЛНЫЙ доступ к серверу, поскольку вы должны иметь возможность запускать ex-ARMA exe и создавать пакетные файлы (для запуска этого exe и ARMA), которые большинство людей не могут делать, поскольку они не платят полную цену за реальный сервер.

Строка из моего файла запуска ARMA:

«C: \ Transfers \ Zipper \ Exile_TimeDateSetter.Exe» /PBO:C:\Games\Mods\ServerMods\@ExileServer\addons\exile_server_config.pbo /MISSION:C:\Games\ARMA\server\mpmissions\Exile.Tanoa. PBO / STARTDATE: REALDATE / STARTTIME: REALTIME / UPTIME: 4 / GAMETIME: 16

«Exile_TimeDateSetter.Exe» - это имя EXE.

Это должно быть в запуске ARMA, потому что он запускается прямо перед запуском сервера.

Ниже приведен снимок экрана, когда он настроен.

1Capture.JPG

good, I have server machine in my office room ) maybe u can give me ur programm?)

While the program does work, it is not ready for public release at this time.  I am working to get it in a state that will allow me to release it.  I am projecting 1-2 weeks for this.

• Like 1

On 22/08/2018 at 3:10 PM, sovcomrad said:

Hello everyone, time on the server is not synchronized with the time in Windows, who can know what can be a problem? And the server after restart always starts with 12 pm

Reveal hidden contents

class Time
    {
        // Uses Dedicated Server time as ingame Time
        useRealTime = 1;

// Will overide RealTime
        useStaticTime = 0;

// time in ARMA FORMAT << CONFIG
        // https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setDate

staticTime[] = {2039,10,24,7,00};
      };

Check the extDB3 update. I fixed this.

*Edits*

Upon further investigation, it appears that when Exile searches for the config option, it is displayed back as a 0 regardless of the setting. Therefore some further edits are required. Simply open up the file "@ExileServer\addons\exile_server\code\ExileServer_system_weather_initialize.sqf" Or Copy the file and create an override for it in CfgCustomCode and change it's contents to the following:

/**
 * ExileServer_system_weather_initialize
 * Exile Mod
 * exile.majormittens.co.uk
 * © 2015 Exile Mod Team
 * This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License. 
 * To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/.
 */

private["_changetime"];
call ExileServer_system_weather_thread_weatherSimulation;

setDate ExileServerStartTime;

forceWeatherChange;
_changetime = round(getNumber (configFile >> "CfgSettings" >> "Weather" >> "interval") * 60);
[_changetime, ExileServer_system_weather_thread_weatherSimulation, [], true] call ExileServer_system_thread_addTask;
true

Edited by Monkeynutz

Ignore the above for now, my extDB3 fix works, there is perhaps something broken in the code somewhere not syncing clients to the server time.

Changing the time in game locally will set the time briefly for the server to then re-sync your time to what it should be. Meaning it syncs you to the time of the real world but only after the client tries to change the time to something else. Otherwise, the other clients who have not had a force time change will be in 2039 not 2018 like real time would suggest, meaning players who run the setDate command to have their time then adjusted by the server are witnessing a different time to those who have not.

COMPLETED!

Who cares if you're using extDB2 or extDB3!

THIS WORKS and is BETTER and you do not have to modify anything!

Edited by Z80CPU

Advertisement