Sign in to follow this  
sovcomrad

Real time with night+stars after 11 pm hour to 4 am

5 posts in this topic

Hello comrades, I want that on my server there was a real time of day as in life, but with a light night from 11 pm to 4 am. To dynamically darken, restarts cost every 3 hours. At the moment, I have a day for every restart. Can anyone help with the setup? :$

if (!isServer) exitWith {};

while {true} do
{
    if (daytime >= 23 || daytime < 4) then   // after 23 pm and before 4 am time multiplier changes
    {
        setTimeMultiplier 10                 // adjust this value for slower or faster night cycle ( 24 hours will take 1 hour )
    }
    else
    {
        setTimeMultiplier 5                  // adjust this value for slower or faster day cycle  ( 12 hours will take 1 hour )
    };

uiSleep 30;
};

Maybe this?

Advertisement

Hello @sovcomrad,

What you put will NOT do what you ask.  Based on what I know, the day/night cycle is based off of the latitude/longitude coordinates of the map.  So, for what you're seeking, you would need a 'very north' (or very south) location to be used as the map latitude/longitude coordinates,

Article on this HERE

Main search link HERE

I would like to think that you can accomplish this with a 'map config over ride'.  There are many mods which do this very thing.  Change sky colors, remove animals, etc.  Sadly, I can not offer any help in this area outside of this post.

:)

Edited by Z80CPU
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Z80CPU said:

Hello @sovcomrad,

What you put will NOT do what you ask.  Based on what I know, the day/night cycle is based off of the latitude/longitude coordinates of the map.  So, for what you're seeking, you would need a 'very north' (or very south) location to be used as the map latitude/longitude coordinates,

Article on this HERE

Main search link HERE

I would like to think that you can accomplish this with a 'map config over ride'.  There are many mods which do this very thing.  Change sky colors, remove animals, etc.  Sadly, I can not offer any help in this area outside of this post.

I understood about the bright night, but how do I make the night come from 21 to 4 in the morning?

Again, as I stated in my post.  I am 99.99% sure that is the ONLY way.  And I stated nothing about a 'bright night'. ???

Once more - The day/night cycle is based off of the latitude/longitude coordinates of the map.  These MUST BE CHANGED.

As an example:  Reykjavik, Iceland, had about 4:07 hours of sunlight on Dec. 21, 2014

See:  https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/five-world-capitals-shortest-daylight/41734413

Set the map info to match Reyjkavik Iceland.  However, this is only 4 hour ON THIS ONE DAY!

Q:  Which countries experience the longest day and the shortest night on June 21?

A:  Any country that reaches North of the Arctic circle: there the sun doesn’t set at all.

Those countries are Norway, Sweden, Finland, Russia, USA and Canada. The Northernmost tip of Iceland probably sees the midnight sun too - and of course Greenland.

See:  https://www.quora.com/Which-countries-experience-the-longest-day-and-the-shortest-night-on-June-21

I provided links (original post) explaining how to do this/pointers on how to do this.  I also stated that I can not help you on doing this as well.

• Like 1

Advertisement