Tradewell20

Permanent Mission on Map

5 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anyone knows how to make a permanent mission that stays on the map? I am trying to create an area in 3DEN that has about 40 AI and loot crates that at restart everything comes back. But when i use the Exile feature to get the serverinit, localplayerinit, and mission, all the AI (OPFOR) dont transfer over? Does anyone know how to do this?

Hello @Tradewell20,

As there are many ways in which to do it, the way I would do it, as it is easy and should require no scripting, is just created in the map itself.  This way, when the map loads, it loads the mission.  Just as if you were creating a SP mission.

You can use the 'random placement' radius to give some sort of 'randomness' to the placement at start.

You also can use scripts.  Look at how DMS does this would be a good example of how.

:)

Advertisement

Ya i tried to do that though and when i go to extract the localplayerinit and serverinit, it leaves all the OPFOR (Red guys)  guys out that i have in the mission? And I want it to spawn on the same building every time ha its like Fort Knox if you can get in and survive, you will have a good chunk of loot. But ya idk i will give the map editing a go again and see if i missed something, but i have no idea how to get them ported over, it just takes all the AFF guys ("Green guys"traders, guards, etc.) and leaves the rest.

@Z80CPU Or can I at least have a custom loot box set down at the beginning of every restart with a select bunch of weapons and gear? I've been trying to do that and it sets my FTP off like crazy when i have a "nato ammo box" set down with weapons in it

I do not know what you mean by "...it sets my FTP off like crazy...".

Regardless, if you can place it in a SP session, you can put it in the MP Exile map that you use.  The technique is the same and it does work as I have done it before.  Do note, you need to open the mission PBO with ARMA and Exile ONLY loaded!  Then place your items, save it, then take the mission.sqm file and put it back into the mission PBO and 're-zip' it.

In the editor, select the crate and 'pre-load' it or use a script which must be with the mission pbo file to load the crate.

It is simple.  Again, if you can do it in a SP session, you can do the SAME THING in the MP Exile map.

:)

Advertisement