Tradewell20

Custom Traders/Spawns/Rad Zone Help

6 posts in this topic

Hey I am trying to make a Chernarus Redux custom map for my server and for the life of me cant get it to work =\ the closest i have got to making it work is when the server boots up it says "max players have been reached" but im the only one getting on at the moment? ive gone through everything and obviously im missing something and its over my head so if someone could please help me that would be great! I already have my map made and everything in 3den. I just dont know how to port it to my server correctly and get it to work =/ Please help

Download the Exile 3Den plugin and enable it, then when in 3Den you will see in your toolbar at top "Exile" iirc, you will see export initplayerlocal.sqf and initserver.sqf.

Initplayerlocal.sqf are for your trading NPCs.

InitServer.sqf is for all your custom placed objects, copy each one and save it to the corresponding file (Over writing it all if you wish to only have your traders)

Thats the jist of it anyway, could be wrote a bit better but try that and see how you go.

• Like 1

Advertisement

did all of that already =( didnt work for me, took my original cherno redux mpmission and changed out the initserver.sqf with my stuff, and the initplayerlocal.sqf, and then the mission.sqm. But when I load up my server, i get the max players have been reached... even though nobody is on.

17 hours ago, Tradewell20 said:

did all of that already =( didnt work for me, took my original cherno redux mpmission and changed out the initserver.sqf with my stuff, and the initplayerlocal.sqf, and then the mission.sqm. But when I load up my server, i get the max players have been reached... even though nobody is on.

Post your mission.sqm on pastebin please and paste the link here, i'm going to guess that you don't have the units placed in your sqm for the players t chose their slots.

In your sqm these will be labelled as type "Exile_Unit_GhostPlayer".

If you don't have these then your players are unable to chose a slot upon joining the server hence why you're getting the server full message regardless of your slot size.

Edited by ExiledVibe

Thanks, I eventually figured it out, now I am stuck on when i spawn into the server, half of my custom placed objects duplicate and are stacked on or inside of each other? any idea why that is? =\

Was having the same thing, with default objects (trader boards, map boards) and custom ones (3x doors needed to be open before entering the building, etc.), than I realized I have #include "initServer.sqf" line in my initPlayerLocal.sqf

Looked like this before:

Spoiler

4OLJomq.jpg

Removed the line, and no more duplicate objects/buildings appear, so it must be also on your server that its loaded multiple times due to some init string.

Edited by Brenner

Advertisement