Tradewell20

Make an option for gas stations

9 posts in this topic

I think it would be cool to add a feature where if you wanted, to get gas from a gas station it requires you getting a generator to pump gas from "abandoned gas stations". Right now people that have "DAYZ or Apocalypse" servers people can just fly into a gas station and fuel up and take off at mach 10 with no worry, which for those people that have fully militarized servers or whatever thats fine! But I want it to be a challenge for people to fill up their vehicles if they have them! So it would be cool if in the config files there was an option that you can turn on and off on what it requires to get gas from fuel tanks.

Advertisement

I think it should be down to them Frankie clickbait servers to install the scripts that do this stuff already.

Exile ain't a apocalyptic DayZ remember! It's a fast paced pvp gamemode

Edited by Sgt Smash
  • Like 1

On 7/24/2018 at 4:12 AM, Sgt Smash said:

Exile ain't DayZ remember!

No, but it is a survival experience and I have to agree with the OP - I would love to have the base game include the ability to either disable the auto-fuel at petrol stations completely, leaving jerry can refuel only, or to require the use of a generator to make them work.

I've got a low priority job for myself to check out some of the advanced vehicle management systems for Exile such as the one mentioned and see what works but I've tried them before and failed to get them running so having it in the base mod would be fantastic. From the experience of trying to get the mods working, I can see how hard it might be to get ARMA to cooperate on this front reliably so I understand why it hasn't yet been included. I'm sure the dev team have looked at it in the past and probably threw in the towel frustrated with some random ARMA bug.....

I thought it was not difficult to do but i didn't even find the script that makes the Refuel. Anyone knew which one is it?
I want to change the text "Refueling..." that appears at center of screen to something more visible, maybe an icon flashing and want try slow down the speed of refuel. You even didn't stop and are all refueled... lol

If anyone could help me finding the script file, i try to check for the generator ;)

Thank you!!!

@joew00 That's an ARMA 3 funtion and not an Exile one. So, if you want to change it you'll have to write a script yourself which is what has been done by others to intercept this functionality and override it.

3 hours ago, MetalHead said:

Exile Reborn by JohnO contains a method that turns off auto refuel and requires you to manually refuel all vehicles with jerry cans. :ph34r:

Yes that is exactly what I think it should be, you shouldnt be able to just sit in your car and it magically starts to refuel, I think that you should at least have to get out of the vehicle and interact with the pump or something, I remember back in ARMA 2 there was a script like what my original post talked about where you needed a generator and a fuel can (with fuel in it) you needed to craft a generator within like 5 meters of a gas station or one of the big fuel barrels, then you had to fuel the generator and start it, THEN you could pump gas out of the gas station or fuel barrel, and I would always forget to fill my Jerrycan again so when I needed to stop to fill up again I wouldn't be able to power the generator because I forgot to refill my jerrycan!

Advertisement