ICE68

Props/Objects Mod

6 posts in this topic

Hi is it possible to make a props/objects mod only server side so that players don't need to download it? Reason for asking is I would like to use this mod http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=33230.I don't have a problem adding them with the editor and working on my server, but players still have to have the modded loaded. Even loaded the PBO to Exile server/addons without any luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

P.S Hope, I posted in the right place.

Advertisement
2 hours ago, kuplion said:

Clients need the mod too, there is no way around that.

Thanks thought there could be a way around.

1 hour ago, ICE68 said:

Thanks thought there could be a way around.

Textures are too big unfortunately and can't be put in the mission file. If you could put them in the mission, you would have to download a gig+ each time you join a server and make a change to the file. For a client to view a texture it must have the texture locally and there is no way around that.

16 hours ago, Tich said:

Textures are too big unfortunately and can't be put in the mission file. If you could put them in the mission, you would have to download a gig+ each time you join a server and make a change to the file. For a client to view a texture it must have the texture locally and there is no way around that.

I added the objects/props server side already, clients don't need to download it, all they need is the mod to see the objects.

Advertisement