targetlock

Automatic garage storage of destroyed vehicles

9 posts in this topic

hello everyone :D

A lot of vehicles are destroyed by physical engine bugs on my running server.

I do not want to betray the efforts of friends visiting my server.

When the vehicle is destroyed, it is deleted from the DB, but I want to change it so that it can be stored in a exad virtual garage.

The price of the vehicle will be very high, but I want to make it permanent when I buy it once.

However, I am having difficulty because I am not a script or DB expert.

What I think is

1. Unlock exad virtual garage range

2. When the vehicle is destroyed, it is stored in the garage without being deleted from the DB.

2-1. If you can not prevent deletion from the DB, create separate schemas and save and load them separately.

3. Remove existing vehicles wrecks and recall them via xm8 garage menu

I wonder what the opinion is on how I am thinking.

Hello @targetlock,

There are so many 'issues' with this that I think makes it 'un-doable'.

#1 - What if the vehicle get destroyed in a proper fashion?  i.e., running it off a cliff or into water?  It would be next to IMPOSSIBLE to determine if the driver was at fault, he was evading an enemy, being shot at (not hit), etc.  YES, it CAN be determined, but the script would have to check EVERYTHING within a 2k radius to determine if this was the case.  EVERY SHOT would have to be 'matched' to where the round fell and where the vehicle was.  And even then, you could NOT know if the shot was DELIBERATE or ACCIDENTAL.

#2 - What if it is destroyed in battle via legit fashion?

#3 - What if it gets stolen?

#4 - No garage range?  That means I can drive 10k to raid a base, get there store my vehicle, and then engage in battle.  Good for me, pretty lame to the base owners.  And you can change the range NOW too...  ;)

#5 - Exile is about SURVIVAL, not about rewarding stupid behavior.  There are VERY FEW ARMA bugs that cause vehicles to 'blow up'.  There are a few SCRIPTS that cause this.  In SP, I have NEVER had a vehicle 'blow up'.  Flat tires from hitting a bush?  YES.  NEVER explode.  This is an issue with the scripts you are using.

#6 - The scripting to do this is LARGE.  Exile itself would just about have to be re-written to do these things.  A simple overwrite 'here and there' most likely would not accomplish this.

In order for us to maybe help you, I would suggest what your END GOAL is as opposed to saying HOW you should get to that goal.  What you really want may already be in Exile and you do not know it or may be obtained via a script that already exists.

Tell us you END GOAL!

:)

Advertisement
4 hours ago, Z80CPU said:

Tell us you END GOAL!

As i understand his end goal, he want to have special cars (very expensive to buy) be able to purchased one time. Once they get destroyed (doesn't matter if by accident, by player or a bug). People who bought those cars, should be able to get the car back at their garage.

What you're askin for is pretty "easy" to implement, but i see many flaws on that, just to name a few:

1. Vehicles dumped in ocean won't be destroyed. (There could be a action on the virtual to remove it from DB)

2. Exploiting and creating big stash of poptabs by selling the car over and over. (Could be prevented by sellprice = 0)

3.  As said by Z80, car gets stolen (If sellprice = 0, enemys won't even steal that vehicle anymore and since it's just that unique shouldn't they be rewarded for it. Sure you could go with something like if not vehicleowner, then sellprice = X and other checks but there is always  a way to circumvent that. Same goes for method one, if you can delete it on VG by an action, it's gone for the enemy and lead to confusion.)

4. if it's a armed vehicle, destroying to prevent fee for rearm (could spawn with 0 ammo)

I think you should get thru all possible scenarios and rethink that project, as said b4 even if you do it minimalistic as possible this not going to be a 5 line code and unless you find a very smart idea how to prevent the sell exploit (wich would affect the fairness for other players) this is going to be really tricky.

Edited by WURSTKETTE

First of all, I sincerely appreciate your feedback on my opinion.

My server is a PvE server that is accessible only to a small number of users.

The server rules themselves do not allow stealing cars, and there are ways to track and punish stolen logs.

And the vehicle lock script is already implemented.

There are already a number of pharming elements applied to multiple scripts to maintain balance. Within the scope of survival

I'm always join while the server is running

Therefore, it is possible to process real-time DB even if there is an abnormality or defect in the vehicle position.

There seems to be a way to solve all the problems mentioned above.

I hope my server people are not unhappy as an unusual phenomenon. With a pure heart

The reason why I asked what is your END GOAL, for if it is what @WURSTKETTE has stated, why not put the vehicles in 'god mode'?  Sadly, the people in the vehicle (from my limited knowledge) would be in 'god mode' too.

You also could set a 'timer' script on each vehicle to 'reset' the damage value to 0 every 10 seconds as an example.  As well as setting the event handler too.

Sadly, you STILL come back to the problem of water, which can be addressed.  But as @WURSTKETTE and I both stated, this would NOT be a 'few lines'.  There are too many variables to address.

A stupid suggestion, just make all vehicles cost ZERO.  Then it will not matter if they blow-up 100 vehicles.  You can 'add' your payment via fuel cost for the vehicles.  This would give you SOMETHING like you asked for.  For ALL vehicles require fuel, they do NOT all require ammo.  This would be a 'work around'.  And there are stable scripts for paying for gas at the gas stations.

You also could 'add your fee' to any/all repairs too.  Again, there are stable scripts for this.

I think this would be a viable solution to what you seek.

Edited by Z80CPU
  • Like 1

Hello @targetlock,

You're welcome!

Do note, it is NOT impossible!  It CAN be done.  Problem is the time, the code (length and time to write), and the OVERHEAD (cpu time) to manage such would make it 'un-doable'.

If YOU can do something on a computer, a computer CAN BE TAUGHT to do it as well!

Look at my alternative method of charging for gas/repairs and free vehicles.  This would about do what you seek, if I understand what you're after.

Regardless, Good Luck!

Fun fact. You can hypothetically store a destroyed vehicle in the virtual garage. If you try to pull it back out, nothing will pop out and it will be removed from the list.

To correct this, simply go into the database, set the vehicle damage from 1 to 0 and set the deleted at to null.

On 5/19/2018 at 1:51 AM, The Raging Kerfuffle said:

Fun fact. You can hypothetically store a destroyed vehicle in the virtual garage. If you try to pull it back out, nothing will pop out and it will be removed from the list.

To correct this, simply go into the database, set the vehicle damage from 1 to 0 and set the deleted at to null.

Could you please tell me more specific ways?

i need to modify the Server \ @ExileServer \ extDB \ sql_custom_v2 \ exile.ini file or modify the sql statement on the workbench?

Advertisement