Sign in to follow this  
Joshuawood

Wanted to get back into Exile. I can't.

13 posts in this topic

It seems all people want are servers where you start with stupid amounts of money and militarised servers. If you want to just run around with tanks and full gear why are you playing exile?

Surely there are people like me and my friend that enjoy the new mods and liked the way exile used to be? Difficult enough to get stuff where very few have the best of the best and a man with an AK has a fighting chance. 

i HATE the Rag-Tag feel of the Dayz like servers where you cant buy gear or vehicles. The old exile servers were much better and there were more people playing. Is it just me?

• Like 1

Advertisement

When watching some of the Exile youtube vids out there I've wondered the same. All I can think of is that some of the server have gone so long since a wipe and they are running fairly easy economics that they end up finding the player base moves on too quickly so they add the silly vehicles to help keep the players interested. This then results in the new players being at a massive disadvantage and therefore they get a 10M starting salary or something.

One server I played on ages ago, the admins greeted me with open arms, a tank, 2 high-end armed choppers and a "build box" with like 100+ floors, walls etc. in there. Not really what I'd call much of an Exile experience. I think I got bored in about 3 weeks.

Disclaimer; my own server has things like tanks on it however the economy makes it take a long time to save up for one and losing it is easy as most missions have launchers including titan's so they just aren't used.

Keep looking, there's still about 10 (to my knowledge) decent survival themed servers out there (check my sig if you have signatures enabled)

Edited by GGWOLF
  • Like 2

This is my problem as well!

I tried most of the highest ranking servers and they are all militarised and easy mode setups. Half of them strip the respect system out completely. 

It's so sad because they have pretty much become nothing more than King of the hill with base raiding... except bases and raiding are pointless because you can bank all you want at trader and buy anything you need from trader.

I just don't get it and why proper Exile died. 

I'm also sick to death of cherno. What happened to Takistan and Esseker!?

• Like 1

Could not agree more, which is why I spent 2016 building my own. Basically built a PvE server with ton of threat from the environment and AI. This included weather systems, roaming vehicle AI, dive bombing planes and heli's, lightning strikes, radiation zones, static missions and fortresses, and a ton more. I also spent a ton of time balancing the loot tables so you had to work for your loot, and also made food and water a bit rarer and also a threat.

It was the perfect Exile server, loaded with mods and scripts! The only problem, it would not support any decent population and being able to only play with close friends, it eventually ended. This is one of the issues with Arma/Exile, being a balancing act to support a population at a decent frame rate vs. adding enough mods and scripts to create the server you think is fun. In most cases, the engine just can't handle it all.

On 5/10/2018 at 11:43 PM, Joshuawood said:

It seems all people want are servers where you start with stupid amounts of money and militarised servers. If you want to just run around with tanks and full gear why are you playing exile?

Surely there are people like me and my friend that enjoy the new mods and liked the way exile used to be? Difficult enough to get stuff where very few have the best of the best and a man with an AK has a fighting chance. 

i HATE the Rag-Tag feel of the Dayz like servers where you cant buy gear or vehicles. The old exile servers were much better and there were more people playing. Is it just me?

There is a server i have been playing on a bit btw. I suspect you will like it given your requirements which are similar to mine. It's called Cold War Kidz. The only problem with it is that the original admin left and the guy who took over is mostly AFK and for some reason is reluctant to take on additional mods and admins to monitor and support the community. They have their own discord but i can't get the link for some reason. It was full most of the time when i first joined and now it seems to be about 50% full during peak hours. Other than that, there isn't a great deal other than Dayz hardcore or full militarised.

Couldn't even find that server.

Best one i can recommend for the classic Exile feel is Cold War Kidz. I just tried to give it another go but unfortunately the current admin is running it solo and seems to have vanished form the discord which is their only communication platform. They don't have a forum / site or anything.

It's so sad. I wish there was a popular server that was just that classic Exile experience without all the overkill armed vehicles and that had a descent respect system.

Advertisement