RussB

Exile Servers Cause Freezing

Question

I'm having a really frustrating problem with some Exile servers. I'm experiencing audio/video freezing up to about 2 seconds long on a regular basis when playing servers with certain mods. I feel like it's only servers with Ryan's Zombies installed. I have experienced the problem consistently on two different servers with very similar mods: [AWG]DayZExile Cherno Redux and a new server with very low population at the moment [ABC]DayZExile. I have uploaded a vid of the freezes happening on the [AWG] server complete with timestamps of the freezing happening. Can someone take a look and possibly help me out with this issue? 

@kuplion because I know you're familiar with Ryan's.

1st freeze @ 1:10 (out of sight spawned zombie can be heard @ 1:33) 2nd @ 2:25 3rd @ 3:40 4th @ 4:55 5th @ 6:11(I believe a zombie spawns in shortly after but I have to wait for player to go by to confirm @7:10) 6th @ 7:26 (previous zombie seems to have now despawned) Video after 7:45 irrelevant.

Edited by RussB

9 answers to this question

That is most probably your system loading in the newly spawned zombies. What kind of hard drive do you run Arma on?

Advertisement
15 minutes ago, kuplion said:

Velociraptors are still super fast drives, so it should be able to cope with Arma loading assets. What are the rest of your system specs?

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz

Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Memory: 8192MB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

5 hours ago, RussB said:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz

Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Memory: 8192MB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

I have had a GTX 970 in the past. It doesn't do well with Exile in general. Once I upgraded I was fine.

19 minutes ago, Super Jerome said:

I have had a GTX 970 in the past. It doesn't do well with Exile in general. Once I upgraded I was fine.

What are you running at the moment? I'm hoping to keep my next upgrade cost down.

12 minutes ago, Super Jerome said:

I am currently running a 1060 but anything 1050 or higher should be good.

I'm also forgetting that I don't have this freezing issue on servers not running Ryan'z Zombies, so I'm hesitant to blame it on my GPU. I need an upgrade anyway, but I tend to upgrade the entire system at once. 

18 minutes ago, RussB said:

I'm also forgetting that I don't have this freezing issue on servers not running Ryan'z Zombies, so I'm hesitant to blame it on my GPU. I need an upgrade anyway, but I tend to upgrade the entire system at once. 

That usually is the best way to upgrade. Just remember ARMA is the king of exploiting GPU and CPU relationships.

Advertisement