kuplion

[RELEASE] Standalone Parachute / Halo Jump.

10 posts in this topic

Just a simple update / port from the ExAd system to a standalone addon.

Nice and easy to install, copy the contents of initPlayerLocal.sqf to yours, and copy 'HaloParachute' to your mission file. Make sure your install location matches the file paths there and in 'HaloParachute/init.sqf'.

https://github.com/kuplion/Exile-Parachute-and-Halo

Released under the same Apache License as ExAd, and has approval of @Monkeynutz as the main / most recent developer of ExAd.

• Like 9

Advertisement

Hey @kuplion 

Should we be able to cut away from our chute when parachuting in after a respawn? We used to be able to cut away from chutes after spawning with the ExAd version but seem to be unable to with your standalone. Everything else works flawlessly. 

9 minutes ago, Omen said:

Hey @kuplion 

Should we be able to cut away from our chute when parachuting in after a respawn? We used to be able to cut away from chutes after spawning with the ExAd version but seem to be unable to with your standalone. Everything else works flawlessly. 

Yup, make sure you have the latest version. This was a bug that was fixed a week or so ago.

9 minutes ago, kuplion said:

Yup, make sure you have the latest version. This was a bug that was fixed a week or so ago.

I installed this yesterday. I will reinstall in case I missed something.

• Like 1

@kuplion

All files are identical to your latest repo. Possible bug or something conflicting with our server? 

Anything else I can provide you with to troubleshoot?

fT993Rl.png

kpaXnVM.png

19 minutes ago, Omen said:

@kuplion

All files are identical to your latest repo. Possible bug or something conflicting with our server? 

Anything else I can provide you with to troubleshoot?

fT993Rl.png

kpaXnVM.png

Hmmm. I'd hazard that something is conflicting with it. Both myself and @BaroN have tested it extensively (it was Baron who spotted the bug) with normal Exile respawn and the XS Respawn system without issue.

39 minutes ago, kuplion said:

Hmmm. I'd hazard that something is conflicting with it. Both myself and @BaroN have tested it extensively (it was Baron who spotted the bug) with normal Exile respawn and the XS Respawn system without issue.

I can't think of anything else that could be conflicting. We don't have anything custom that touches player spawning. We can cut away from and re-deploy chutes all day if we bail out of an air vehicle, just not when we spawn in. 

It actually is working, we just did not get the Exile alert message saying we could cut away from our chute with shift+alt+v but pressing that key combo does in fact cut away your chute!

Thank you for porting this to standalone @kuplion

• Like 1

Advertisement