geekm0nkey

ExAd to new XM8-app

Question

Has anyone figured out how to migrate the exad xm8 apps to function in the new system? I tried to disable the new method and add the hold one back.. But the icons all pile in the same spot in the upper left corner of the xm8

25 answers to this question

Yes, i read that.. My question is address the clever user of this community if they have a work around for immediate use. AS the XM8 apps on my server are exclusively done via EXad, and without them server is seriously limited in functionality.

Advertisement

The gentlemen who works on ExAd did say he was going to try and get the apps to work with new XM8 but hes only human and no doubt has other stuff to get on with, Patience is a virtue =] 

• Like 1

For those using infistar the following works.

class XM8_App04_Button: RscExileXM8AppButton1x1
{
    textureNoShortcut = "ExAdClient\XM8\Apps\IconsOnly\chat_icon.paa";
    text = "Private Msg";
    onButtonClick = "ExileClientXM8CurrentSlide = 'apps';closeDialog 0;createdialog 'infiSTAR_CHAT'";
    resource = "";
};

• Like 1

I hope we dont have to remove exad and its features, eg spawn bike and status bar.  I know the VG is not a problem now buts its the others :(

yes that one too. I hope somebody can work their magic, its such a good part of exile.  It will be a big loss if all these dont merge.  Annoying that an update can break so many features....fingers crossed

I personally don't like any of the new systems. I feel the ExAd ones are a lot better in functionality and design. Shouldn't have messed with the XM8, or forced the VG icon onto the front of the XM8.

Edited by Beowulfv
  • Like 3

Advertisement