Super Jerome

Open Chernarus Project vs DS Houses

4 posts in this topic

Rumor has it that OCP "stole" buildings, ideas, etc. from DS Houses. I saw @maca134 raging at the creator of OCP about this and then removing the mod off of A3Launcher. Does anyone know what the difference is between these mods? OCP is a hell of a lot larger than DS Houses for some unknown reason. I don't care either way I use Chernarus Redux which uses DS Houses just curious.

OCP came first, using open sources released on the BI forums. It was made by a guy who basically likes to fight and argue with everyone about everything. He didn't fix any of the errors when he put it all together.

DS Houses came about in response to it so as to fix all the issues and do away with his drama.

• Like 3

Advertisement

Yup as kuplion says, OCP did come first but it was a mess. The mod had original source files in it, models had errors etc. The original author dump unfinished work on the BIS forums as he had finished with ARMA. Dirty Sant took the stuff and just smashed it in a mod with some hacky way of replacing the buildings and without any work to fix the errors or even remove original textures. So his mod was over a 1gb in size, torn gave the models a day of love, fixed all the bugs, made ai work in them and the result was a 185mb mod which just works on any map using those buildings :D

• Like 5

Advertisement