Super Jerome

Tips for choosing a hosting provider

5 posts in this topic

Too many times I see people purchasing the first hosting provider that comes up in Google without invesigating the provider. When looking for a hosting provider here are some tips:

1. READ REVIEWS ON THE PROVIDER: This should be the first thing you do. See how current and previous server owners have rated the provider. There are several places you can do this at: Compare Game Hosting and Trust Pilot

2. DESIDE BEFORE YOU PURCHASE ON WHAT KIND OF SERVER YOU WANT: There are some hosting companies that only create Exile servers with specific maps (Altis, Tanoa, etc.). If you want to make a server with the map Lythium then you need to stray away from these pre-setup servers.

3. EMAIL THE PROVIDER BEFORE PURCHASE: It is a good idea to create a ticket or email the company before purchase on your desires. It gives them a heads up and if they can't do what you desire allow them to adjust. Trust me they want your business so they will more than likely give you what you want.

4. COMPARE PRICES: Anytime you purchase anything it is always a good idea to compare vs. other companies. Ofcourse the normal rules don't apply. For instance buying a more expensive server doesn't guarantee its quality.

5. ENSURE PROVIDER HAS A SERVER LOCATION IN YOUR AREA: Simple if you live in the UK don't buy a server in the USA unless you like high pings. Check the providers site and ensure they service your country.

6. DON'T EXPECT THE COMPANY TO KNOW ABOUT MODS: Many hosting companies have servers for a number of games. To expect them to know how to install ExAdClient would be asking too much. If you want mods research on how to install them. They all come with instructions. There's a guide in my signature to get you started.

Edited by Super Jerome

Advertisement
49 minutes ago, dima054 said:

Just use dedicated server provider like OVH instead of "gaming server host" scam.

Not all server owners can afford,  or receive enough donations to cover the cost of a dedicated server

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dekela said:

Not all server owners can afford,  or receive enough donations to cover the cost of a dedicated server

I would defenitely recommend SoYouStart when you want a good dedi for a good price. It's basically OVH but cheaper. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GolovaRaoul said:

I would defenitely recommend SoYouStart when you want a good dedi for a good price. It's basically OVH but cheaper. 

here in Australia, no dedicated servers are a good price unfortunately 

Advertisement