Monkeynutz

Reserved Slots!

17 posts in this topic

Hello,

Again with another Revive...

@TheMeq created a script that no longer worked with Exile and I have modified it to allow easier customisation AND it now also works.

Download link: https://github.com/GamingAtDeathsDoor/Reserved_Slots

It is a simple script for when a player joins the server, it checks to see if his UID is in the list of reserved UIDs and if they are not then it will display a message to them, put them in God Mode and Disable input so they cannot move while the message is on display, preventing them from running around like a headless chicken and being killed by another player. It then proceeds to dim the screen and after 10 seconds, it will kick them. If the player is listed in the UIDs they will not be kicked. This script is an easier alternative to those who don't want to or don't know how to white-list using other stuff. 

All you have to do is edit accordingly, the message will then show.

slots.PNG

Download link: https://github.com/GamingAtDeathsDoor/Reserved_Slots

Edited by GamingAtDeathsDoor
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Advertisement

Is it possible to do the uuid list like this?

_reserved_uids = 
  		[
			#include "custom\steamidlist\uuidlist.hpp"
		];

instead of this:

_reserved_uids = [
		"00000000000000000",		// First UID
		"00000000000000000"			// Second UID
		];

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, =GcG= DirtyPede said:

Is it possible to do the uuid list like this?

_reserved_uids = 
  		[
			#include "custom\steamidlist\uuidlist.hpp"
		];

instead of this:

_reserved_uids = [
		];

Best way to find out, is to try it! Set this: _server_reservedslots to match your max slots so no one can join your server unless they're whitelisted, remove your UID from the list in your custom UID list and re-pbo, start the server, if the message is displayed, something is working, then shutdown the server, add your UID, if it lets you stay, it works. Then reset _server_reservedslots to what you had it set to before and launch the server again :) 

16 minutes ago, TheMeq said:

Good Stuff, I think my original was a bit flaky anyway, so glad to see it working :D

Thank you man! It was a great ground to start on! :P 

9 minutes ago, Chernaruski said:

Can it work not as a reserve slots , but as whitelist. 15 slots , only listed uids allowed?
I wish there was a way to add uid-s , without rePBOing and restarting a server.

That's exactly how it works? Just change the number of reserved slots to how ever many you want, if its a 15 slot server make both values 15, i do it for my test servers where i only allow certain people to join.

I could modify the script so there is a 1 or a 0 in the database called Reserverdplayer and if they have a 1 it means they can join reserved slots which would mean while they arent connected to the server it would search for that 1 or 0 but that means a bit more work and why change what works ;) 

It always confuses me ) when I translate words (reserved slots and whitelist kinda have the same meaning?)

So basically I set it like this , to allow 15 listed uid-s only , right?

// Max Players of your server. MUST MATCH YOUR MAX SLOTS AND NOT HOW MANY SLOTS YOU WANT AVAILIBLE TO PLAYERS!
_server_maxplayers = 15;

// Reserved Slots. HOW MANY SLOTS YOU WANT TO BE RESERVED IN TOTAL! THIS IS NEGATED FROM MAX_PLAYERS SO IT MAKES IT 45 PLAYER SLOTS AND 5 ADMIN SLOTS!
_server_reservedslots = 15;

// Reserved Player UID's
_reserved_uids = [
.......  							// 15th UID
		];

Hm...you right , don't touch what works ;-)

But still, it will be very convenient to have that option, as an admin, to change uids "on the go" on live server without the need of restarting it every time someone was added/removed.

Edited by Chernaruski

Advertisement