Sign in to follow this  
Bobbeh

Question about the editor.

6 posts in this topic

Hello, when I try to edit a mission file in the editor, it says that I need to convert it from 2D. When I do that, the mission.sqm file turns into random words. I've downloaded the 3DEN plugin and that still happens. Does anyone know how to edit a mission file without having to convert it?

Advertisement

I believe this is because you are saving it in the encrypted/packed form. When you save the file, there's a tick box at the bottom of the window that says something like packed format or encrypted or something to that effect (sorry, am at work and can't remember exactly). Just untick that and save then it'll be back in human readable format.

9 hours ago, Riker2335 said:

I believe this is because you are saving it in the encrypted/packed form. When you save the file, there's a tick box at the bottom of the window that says something like packed format or encrypted or something to that effect (sorry, am at work and can't remember exactly). Just untick that and save then it'll be back in human readable format.

Nope, that's not it. When I open the editor and go to select a mission file that has already been made, it asks me to convert it, without any option of not to

@Bobbeh The conversion is mandatory, it's switching the mission from the old 2d editor to Eden format. The reason you can't read the file after you've saved is probably because it's been binarised due to the tick box in the save window.

If you're still having trouble, could you post either a screenshot of what the file looks like of an excerpt from it? It's hard to troubleshoot when I'm taking guesses at what's wrong.

I would suggest you read up on this on ARMA forums.  This is not an ARMA forum, rather, an Exile forum.

The information relayed to you so far is correct.  I would also suggest that you read up on how to play/use ARMA as well as the editor.

There are many YouTube videos on this subject.

The lack of knowledge is the root of your problem.

;)

Advertisement