4amMadman

Issues with Aircraft Spawn Distance

Question

I'm about at my wits end with this one. 

I'm running a CUP cherno map. I built trade zones into an a3_custom.pbo using the method described here:

So the exile vendors are all exported using 3den and pasted into initlocal in the actual Exile.Chernarus mission pbo. InitServer is pasted into the a3_custom.pbo. So one performs the placement of objects and the other places the exile vendors. 

I have two aircraft trade zones. Obviously each will be used to purchase and spawn aircraft. The problem I'm encountering is that when I attempt to buy an aircraft it will spawn very close to the trader himself and destroy the vehicle. Blackfish, for example, spawn damn near inside the hangar where the trader stands at the edge of. 

I thought to remedy this by placing an invisible heli pad onto the airfield itself at both airfields and then copy that (with exile 3den) over to the file inside what becomes the a3_custom pbo. No luck. Booted up the server with the new a3_custom and the spawn distance problem persists. 

I attempted to place the invis heli pad into the mission file itself by opening Exile.Cherno.pbo and placing it in the editor (one invis heli pad at each airfield). I then deleted the invis heli pads that were inside a3_custom. Uploaded both new .pbos and restarted. No luck. Still persists. 

I then found the following overwrite and installed:

Still no success. Problem is persistent. 

If anyone has any ideas I'd be grateful. 

Thanks in advance. 

8 answers to this question

@4amMadman Sorry for leading you down the wrong direction....

I just reviewed my changelogs for my cherno server that I was keeping while I was building it (it was my first Exile server so I kept detailed logs) and this is what I wrote at the time (sorry for the lack of clarity, I apparently made this log entry days after I actually fixed the problem).....

Needed to have the pads exported in the Exile format like the traders, I think they had to be simulated objects too from memory.

Hopefully that information helps.

In case it's not clear to anyone but me, the way I read that is that they don't need to actually be placed in the mission file as I suggested previously but just placed in the trader mission file and exported to the initserver through the Exile pluigin as normal. However, you have to go into the properties and ensure they have simulation forced on before you export it.

Edited by Riker2335
Clarified a point.
  • Like 1

Hi @4amMadman, I used the script you linked to at the end of your post. However, to get it working I had to copy the helipad I placed in the trader mission file and "paste on original position" on my actual game mission file to get it to work.

Does that make sense?

Advertisement
4 hours ago, Riker2335 said:

Hi @4amMadman, I used the script you linked to at the end of your post. However, to get it working I had to copy the helipad I placed in the trader mission file and "paste on original position" on my actual game mission file to get it to work.

Does that make sense?

So the coords of invis heli pad in mission.sqm were the same as those in the one in a3_custom? 

Why does that makes it work?

I was thinking if it was just run straight out of the edited mission file then the override should detect the contents of the mission.sqm as the server loads it up. But it didn't. 

I'll give it a shot. 

6 hours ago, Riker2335 said:

Does that make sense?

So I opened my trader mission file in the editor and set the  heli pads at north and south airfields. I used 3den's menu option  to export (copy) the initServer code and pasted it to the file in a3_custompbo  and saved it. Then I closed the editor, unloaded 3den mod, restarted the game, loaded up my mission pbo and set the invis helipads there with the same coords as those used in a3_custom:

1.png

2.png

I then saved, closed and pbo packed both a3_custom and my cherno mission file. Uploaded to server. Started server and attempted to buy a blackfish. I've used the blackfish as the test item because it's huge. 

This is the result:

20170722132732_1.jpg

So....no luck with this fix, unless I did it entirely wrong. 

Yup, sorry - totally wrong :) Obviously didn't make myself very clear....

All I'm talking about is;

• Open 3Den editor
  • Open your trader mission file
  • Place the helipads where you want them
  • Save the mission file but don't close it yet  (I'm guessing you've already done up to this part)
  • Select the helipads, Right click on one of them -> Edit -> Copy (I think that's where it is in the context menu)
  • Open your actual server mission file inside the editor (you may need to un-pbo it if you don't have it somewhere readily available for editing)
  • Right click -> Edit -> Paste on original position
  • Ensure it pasted all of the helipad's you expected
  • Save your mission file
  • Re-PBO it
  • Upload it to the server
  • Give it a try

That's how I did it on my Cherno server.....My current server has no vehicle traders so I can't test it out for you unfortunately but that's all 

On 7/23/2017 at 1:38 AM, Riker2335 said:

Yup, sorry - totally wrong :) Obviously didn't make myself very clear....

All I'm talking about is;

• Open 3Den editor
  • Open your trader mission file
  • Place the helipads where you want them
  • Save the mission file but don't close it yet  (I'm guessing you've already done up to this part)
  • Select the helipads, Right click on one of them -> Edit -> Copy (I think that's where it is in the context menu)
  • Open your actual server mission file inside the editor (you may need to un-pbo it if you don't have it somewhere readily available for editing)
  • Right click -> Edit -> Paste on original position
  • Ensure it pasted all of the helipad's you expected
  • Save your mission file
  • Re-PBO it
  • Upload it to the server
  • Give it a try

That's how I did it on my Cherno server.....My current server has no vehicle traders so I can't test it out for you unfortunately but that's all 

Thanks for the detailed walkthrough, however I've done this several times with no changes to the outcome of an exploding blackfish. 

11 hours ago, Riker2335 said:

@4amMadman Sorry for leading you down the wrong direction....

I just reviewed my changelogs for my cherno server that I was keeping while I was building it (it was my first Exile server so I kept detailed logs) and this is what I wrote at the time (sorry for the lack of clarity, I apparently made this log entry days after I actually fixed the problem).....

Hopefully that information helps.

In case it's not clear to anyone but me, the way I read that is that they don't need to actually be placed in the mission file as I suggested previously but just placed in the trader mission file and exported to the initserver through the Exile pluigin as normal. However, you have to go into the properties and ensure they have simulation forced on before you export it.

Bless you a million times. 

That solved it. 

Place helipads in the a3_custom mission file, make sure to select both boxes related to dynamic simulation. export that using 3den's menu option to the trader folder that is then pbo'd and uploaded to the server. Works like a dream. 

Thank you for releasing me from this never ending exile hell. 

• Like 1

Advertisement