Karoolus

Exile Server Management

28 posts in this topic

Exile Server Management Tool
---------------------------------------------

This tool is an All-In-One server management tool.

It will:

•     Replace PBO's upon restart.         
When the tool is started for the first time, it will automatically create folders in your server directory. 
No more need to sit and wait around for a restart to replace some files. This tool will wait until restart before updating the files.
	- MPMissions_New - When compiling a new mission file PBO, place it in this folder. When the server restarts, this pbo will automatically be moved into the MPMissions folder, causing it to automatically load the new mission file for the next restart.
	- MPMissions_Backup - Every file that is being replaced, is first moved to this folder. That way, it can be easier to perform a rollback when needed.
	- Addons_New - PBO's that have to end up in the @ExileServer\addons\ folder are to be placed in here, next restart they will be moved into the live server folder. 
	- Addons_Backup - Every file that is being replaced, is first moved to this folder. That way, it can be easier to perform a rollback when needed.
  •      Easy Mod Selection      
The GUI makes it easy to select which mods you want to load, using checkboxes. 
When a checkbox is ticked, and the server is loaded, the tool will automatically import the needed bikey files. It will also make sure that no unwanted keys are still in that folder.
There is also an -allowedkeys folder. Place bikey files in here that are allowed clientside, but are not running on the server (e.g. DynaSound, JSRS, ...) Contents of this folder will be imported on every restart as well!
  •      Easy Mod Access        
Option to add mods straight from the workshop, with a list of the most popular mods preloaded, and the ability to add mods manually by using their Steam Workshop ID.
  •      SteamCMD Workshop updates for mods, with an option to check for updates after every restart.        
The tool loads the mods from the steamapps folder, instead of having to copy/move all the files into the server directory. 
It will however also check the server folder, to find mods that are not on the Steam Workshop.
  •      Compatibility for both x86 and x64 server instances.        
  •      Built-in MissionPrefetchServer for A3L        
This tool will allow you to select your missionfile and it will launch MissionPrefetchServer.exe in the background on every restart.

How to use:

1. Requirements:       

You need SteamCMD installed. The app will run without SteamCMD installed, just point it to your Steam folder if running on your own PC, but keep in mind that it won't be able to update any mods that are on the Steam workshop.

2. First Use:       

- On first use, the tool will ask you to point it to the server folder (where arma3server.exe is located) and to the SteamCMD folder. Select both and it should find all installed mods on your PC/server.
- Check the settings on the main window, fill out steam login, password, arma profile name (default is SC if you used the restart batch that comes with Exile), server port, ...
- If you want to use MissionPrefetchServer, then select the missionfile you're running

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IMPORTANT PART !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    3. CHOOSING MODS       

- Some mods are only running server side (@ExileServer, @Marma, ...) and you want to load those as servermods! Right click these mods in the left table and set them as servermod. This will make them disappear from the list, and will load them serverside instead!
- Mods that you want to have all clients running, need to be checked. Make sure you have the correct mods selected.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Final Setup       

- Check the server logs checkbox if you want server logs to be enabled! If you're sure your server is running without issues, you don't really need this but I leave it on for debug purposes at all times.
- Auto Update Mods will make it so SteamCMD checks for updates for ALL SELECTED MODS. It used to be ALL mods in the left table, but my list kept growing and an update before a restart ended up taking around 9 minutes, so I changed it to just check for updates for the selected mods.
- LAST BUT NOT LEAST: As soon as tick Auto Restart, your server will boot and automatically reboot when it shuts down. KEEP IN MIND: this tool does not take care of automated restarts, it is still the EXILE SCRIPT that forces the server to shutdown. This tool notices when the server exe sropped and just reboots it!

5. SAVE YOUR SETTINGS OR THEY WILL BE LOST AFTER RESTARTING THE TOOL! (I've messed with auto save and it fucks up from time to time so I took it out again) 

ESM0.PNG

ESM1.PNG

ESM2.PNG

ESM3.PNG

ESM4.PNG

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

SCAN: https://www.virustotal.com/nl/file/ffb90a1cd7f70e09c89775955ced608314137ce0de140e0105c518a824956b5d/analysis/1497094215/

Click me for ReadMe.txt

Please post any issues in this thread and I'll try to fix it asap :)

Edited by Karoolus
  • Like 4

Advertisement
4 hours ago, kuplion said:

Really nice!!

Thanks!

I started writing this for @TheChimpa who is lazy AF. It started out as a replacement for the .bat file that comes with the Exile tutorial thing but along the way it picked up some features and ended up looking like this. 

Thought it would be a shame not to share this with other people :)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Lowara1972 said:

my Antivirus removed the ESM.exe ...... my browser send me a warning message...

Weird, I have it running on different PC's and none of them had any problems with it... What antivirus do you have?

Two things i noticed . Windows 10 stop's it from running . You must click run anyways . 

Second I noticed .if you run more then 1 server from same directory but different exe the program has no way of telling which is which .

12 minutes ago, Killerpoodezz said:

Two things i noticed . Windows 10 stop's it from running . You must click run anyways . 

Second I noticed .if you run more then 1 server from same directory but different exe the program has no way of telling which is which .

You may need to unblock the program in Windows 10 so it runs every time without having to click RUN. And rename the exes in the Arma directory (arma3serverT.exe and arma3serverM.exe for example).

Hi is this tool still being supported? I tried using it for my setup but it wouldn't work with extdb3... is this supported?

1 hour ago, q-p said:

Hi is this tool still being supported? I tried using it for my setup but it wouldn't work with extdb3... is this supported?

extdb3 shouldnt be a problem.. do you run it as a separate mod?

Advertisement