Johnny82

VEMF questions

Question

Hi All,

I wonder can anyone tell me with two queries I have. The first is how to remove rockets from those VEMF aimbot choppers?! They are a real pain in the a*se. A lot of new clients connecting have complained about them and it is difficult for them to gear up at all if they keep getting blown to pieces!

The second is how do I change the range on VEMF missions? Clients have complained about this one so I tested it myself and found that even though a mission spawns and shows on the map, if you are 700m+ out and want to snipe, there are no AI/chopper. However if I run down and do a suicide run within 300m, the mission AI spawn (and sometimes a chopper will suddenly spawn also), meaning instant death! Is it possible to get the VEMF mission AI to spawn if someone passes within 1km?

I am used to DMS, which is easy as pie to configure settings wise.

Any help greatly appreciated.

6 answers to this question

class heliPatrol
                            {
                                enabled = no;
                                classesVanilla[] = { "B_Heli_Light_01_armed_F", "B_Heli_Attack_01_F", "B_Heli_Transport_01_F", "B_Heli_Transport_01_camo_F", "O_Heli_Attack_02_F", "O_Heli_Attack_02_black_F", "O_Heli_Light_02_F", "O_Heli_Light_02_v2_F", "I_Heli_light_03_F" }; // the types of heli(s)
                                classesHeliDLC[] = { };
                                classesApex[] = { "B_CTRG_Heli_Transport_01_sand_F", "B_CTRG_Heli_Transport_01_tropic_F" };
                                locked = no; // enable/disable heli lock to prevent/allow players from flying it
                            };

Change the used Heli-Classes to unarmed Versions... Done

• Like 1

Advertisement

Hello Johnny82,

I agree with Towatai.  Except  I will go further.  Change the helis to what you want to use.  Their are some that just have machine guns on them and nothing else.  Do not know which ones?  Place all of them on an empty map in the editor and check them out!  Save that mission and then you will have the class names to use, which you can refer back to if needed.  This is the EASIEST way to do it.

As far as the spawn distance, YOU have the answer in 'front of you'.  YOU need to 'dig thru the script' and you will find where this 'magic' number is.  A word of caution though, increasing it WILL decease performance for ALL.

The drop in performance would be with ANY SCRIPT that spawns in stuff based on distance. 

Increase in objects/AI = Lower Performance  (This is true in all games as the computer/video board must draw/track more and more items)

:)

• Like 2

The first is how to remove rockets from those VEMF aimbot choppers?!

class missionSettings
            {

blablablabla
                allowLaunchers = no; // Allow/disallow AI to have rocket launchers

or

class aiInventory
            {
                class ApexBandits /Gendarmerie /Guerilla /PoliceRegular /PoliceSpecialForces
                    {
                       blablablabla
                        launchers[] = { "any launcher you think its fair for them to use","launch_RPG32_F" };

The second is how do I change the range on VEMF missions?

class missionSettings
            {

blablablabla

skipDistance = 1000; // No missions at locations which have players within this range (in meters)

@WAKeupneoBoth of those suggestions are completely wrong for what the OP is asking.

@Johnny82 With regards to launchers on the AI Helis, simply do as @towatai suggested and change the heli types to ones that do not have rockets.

With regards to the player distance at which the AI spawn in, look at the DynamicLocationInvasion.sqf file.

Change this "if ( [ _lp, 800 ] call VEMFr_fnc_waitForPlayers ) then" from 800 to the distance in meters you desire.

Edited by Kurewe
  • Like 1

Advertisement