tinboye

Exile Server and TADST

6 posts in this topic

So I have been helping a bunch of people in discord and I come across this issue with alot of people. Thought it was about time I created this tutorial on using Exile server along with Tadst so it works properly.

If you do not know what TADST is , it stands for Tophe's Arma Dedicated Server Tool

So you download the TADST.exe and copy it to your arma3server folder, sameplace your arma3server.exe is.

run tadst.exe and you will see a screen like this

Spoiler

SoQGZeY.png

the first thing you want to do, is have it locate your arma3server.exe

click on the ... next to server file

T7llnpI.png

and select the arma3server.exe file

it will then look something like

TOciDRP.png

Next thing, click on the mods tab at the top, and checkmark the mods your using for your server, DO NOT check mark @ExileServer, only checkmark @Exile and any other mods your requiring your players to use.

it will look something like this

Spoiler

8D1f9jm.png

Once you have done this, then click on save, at the bottom underneath Profile.

Once saved, your going to click on "Launch as is"

which you can see in above screenshot.

this will popup

TyEOh6S.png

Next step is to minimize TADST.

go into your @ExileServer folder

and copy the config.cfg and basic.cfg, and copy them into your Profile folder

in this case we saved it as default

so it would be under \TADST\default

Spoiler

OafJnav.png

you then want to rename the 2 files.

Spoiler

5atPA9E.png

TADST_config.cfg and TADST_basic.cfg

you are renaming them to this, because your commandline is looking for them in TADST

F5mYUaC.png

Once you have done this, edit your TADST_config.cfg to what settings you want them to be. make sure your template is set to the proper map

template = Exile.Altis; //Exile.Altis / Exile.Namalsk / Exile.Tanoa

and

difficulty = "ExileRegular"; //is set to ExileRegular or ExileHardcore

then open TADST again.

where you see extra Parameters add

"-servermod=@ExileServer" -autoinit

ZAEk0gc.png

you can verify that its added to your commandline, by scrolling over in the parameters section LIKE above.

Once you have done this, you should be able to confirm your commandline.

-port=2302 "-config=D:\Games\Servers\exile\TADST\default\TADST_config.cfg" "-cfg=D:\Games\Servers\exile\TADST\default\TADST_basic.cfg" "-profiles=D:\Games\Servers\exile\TADST\default" -name=default -filePatching "-mod=@CUP_Terrains_Core;@EBM;@Exile;@Isla_Abramia_A3" "-servermod=@ExileServer" -autoinit

you can see from my screenshots, that I did not fill out anything in the server name, password etc. the only tab I use is details for the parameters, and mods tab for choosing the mods.

the rest is not used because we are overriding the basic and config.cfg by checking the launch as is box.

You should be able to Launch your server now and it should work properly.

• Like 3

Advertisement

All those extra steps are not necessary, Just create a new profile, fill in your info, select the @exile and @exileserver, select your additional mods, and your mission. Only the @exile with show in the A3Launcher. Simple and easy. No need to worry about renaming configs, if your going to do all your suggested steps there is no point to use tadst, it becomes redundant. ;-)  

On 8/10/2017 at 9:08 AM, RCANTEC(RyanD) said:

All those extra steps are not necessary, Just create a new profile, fill in your info, select the @exile and @exileserver, select your additional mods, and your mission. Only the @exile with show in the A3Launcher. Simple and easy. No need to worry about renaming configs, if your going to do all your suggested steps there is no point to use tadst, it becomes redundant. ;-)  

as im so noob @exile server file cant see it,its not in the mod,neither in the server files folder.is there any other way,simple.

Advertisement