[Rogue]NuttyRabbit

Exile's Creation

14 posts in this topic

Hi I would like to ask a few questions.

1.How many developers did u start with?

2.what tools where used to make exile?

3.how long to it take to make the foundation of exile?

4.how would i start making mods for arma 3?

What game engine do u like the most?

Edited by [Rogue]NuttyRabbit
Added A New Question
  • Like 1

I also want to ask something about this topic.

At college I have to draw diagrams about how a "program" works, and diagrams about the database structure and sequence diagrams.
Did you guys do this aswell for Exile?

• Like 1

Advertisement

@GolovaRaoul 

I don't know how Exile-Team is doing this but for me i can say that you have to do this if you want to make it right.

If it is a little application just for Fun in programing than i don't care about and any diagrams or blueprints. But if you want to make something that you want to share with others or you want to expand your project later on and so on. Then you should make a plan about what you want, what you need for that and how i can achieve this.

At the Beginning it can be frustrating because you want to start in programing but at the End you will be lucky because you will know to every time where you are in your project and what have to be done as the next step. And if you plan to expand your team it is easy to introduce them to your project without much effort in explaining. You can just show him your concept and so on ;)

For me I dont program to much anymore, i do more "project management" and for me there is documentation the foundation in everything. If your documentation is good from the start you will have later much less problems at all!

Hope this helps a little

Edited by Orbitus
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, GolovaRaoul said:

I also want to ask something about this topic.

At college I have to draw diagrams about how a "program" works, and diagrams about the database structure and sequence diagrams.
Did you guys do this aswell for Exile?

school and university is 60% bullshit to keep you busy and be annoying and 40% of making friends ;D 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, infiSTAR said:

school and university is 60% bullshit to keep you busy and be annoying and 40% of making friends ;D 

Does the 40% also include the time participating in college orgies and "fuckathons"?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, [Rogue]NuttyRabbit said:

Hi I would like to ask a few questions.

1.How many developers did u start with?

2.what tools where used to make exile?

3.how long to it take to make the foundation of exile?

4.how would i start making mods for arma 3?

What game engine do u like the most?

1. 3

2. Sublime text, BI tools, assets were done by modelers(can't comment on what they use)

3. I remember when they were talking about Exile I think it took them maybe 1-2 months to crank out the foundation. We were testing it fairly quickly in the beginning

4. Learn SQF/C++

UE4 best engine right now.

9 hours ago, Flosstradamus said:

1. 3

2. Sublime text, BI tools, assets were done by modelers(can't comment on what they use)

3. I remember when they were talking about Exile I think it took them maybe 1-2 months to crank out the foundation. We were testing it fairly quickly in the beginning

4. Learn SQF/C++

Thanks for the answers! 

11 hours ago, Flosstradamus said:

1. 3

4. Learn SQF/C++

Any Tutorials u recommend on making arma mods?

1. ~5 months from being frustrated , having the idea to create a mod and the first stupid attempts until the official release in summer. In the very beginning it was just Eichi :)

Advertisement