wilderness

Host recommendation please

Question

Hi all

can anyone recommend a good host at reasonable cost, I'm currently with GTX but am unable and don't have the option to run 64bit if I need or want to as they won't allow the dll upload that extDb3 needs, I tried explaining what's needed but came up against a brick wall with them.

I'm open to suggestions.

Cheers

15 answers to this question

Hey,

Check us out, can switch you to 64 bit easily. And if you help us to setup a reliable 64 bit exile setup I'll give you your second month free! :)

Craig

• Like 1

Advertisement

Thanks for the recommendations guys, I checked them out last night and just need to speak to my other admins and get their views, one thing I need to know though.

On GTX they have a mod manager whereby if for example you want to run RHSUSAF (which we do) you would go into the mod manager select RHSUSAF and the server would load it onto the server from steam, and then all I would have to do is add it to the server start.bat and upload via ftp the RHS enabled mission.pbo. This is great for me because living in the sticks I don't have the fastest internet upload speed in the world (no fibre available yet :() and RHS are big mods, we once estimated it would take 2 days for me to upload the two main RHS mods (6 gigs) to a server if I had to do it via ftp on my connection.

Do QGS have something similar? I really hope so because I can't afford to have the server down for two days every time RHS updates.

Can someone advise please.

many thanks

Advertisement