BetterDeadThanZed

Persistent spawned vehicles blowing up

18 posts in this topic

Since the Arma 1.68 patch, it seems all of the spawned persistent vehicles I have on my server are blowing up. A player gets into the vehicle and they are immediately ejected then all of a sudden the vehicle is on fire. Sometimes it actually blows up. I know spawned persistent vehicles aren't part of exile. I use the Exile Reborn mod and it has that feature, and I know there's a script or two out there that allow you to do that as well.

I'm hoping that other people that might have spawned persistent vehicles might be able to chime in and tell me if this is happening to them as well.

This is the script that spawns the persistent vehicles in Exile Reborn: https://github.com/gianni001/ExileReborn/blob/Reborn_Zombies/%40ExileServer/addons/JohnOs_events/addons/Events/Persistent_vehicles/spawn_vehicles.sqf

Advertisement
5 hours ago, Sgt. ScrapMetal said:

I´m thinking the code missing this,

_vehicleObject call ExileServer_system_simulationMonitor_addVehicle;

5 hours ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

Is that new with Arma 3 1.68?

4 hours ago, Sgt. ScrapMetal said:

^give it a try i dont know if it works but the enablesimulation is missing there by you

That's not needed as the Persistent script only creates the vehicles once if they're missing upon restart. After that point they're stored in the DB and the normal scripts for loading persistent vehicles take over and load them as normal.

18 hours ago, Sgt. ScrapMetal said:

^give it a try i dont know if it works but the enablesimulation is missing there by you

If that's needed, then it's new in 1.68 because it worked fine before 1.68. I lowered the damage on the spawned vehicles from 90% to 80% and a real quick test seems to indicate it fixed it but I'll have to wait for feedback from my players as I have no time to play right now.

another point off the issiue can be this,

Added: A new Fuel hit point for tracked armored vehicles (so they can lose fuel)
Added A new Hull hit point for wheeled vehicles (so they can be destroyed on a single critical hit)

i dont know thats it the kind off this issiue but simple too telling most off the vehicles can simple destroyed

Here's the dynamic simulation manager that Reborn uses: https://github.com/gianni001/ExileReborn/blob/master/%40ExileServer/addons/JohnOs_events/addons/Events/JohnO_fnc_simulationManager.sqf

Maybe someone that knows more about this simulation change could look at that code and tell me if something needs to be updated for this Arma 3 update.

21 hours ago, Sgt. ScrapMetal said:

another point off the issiue can be this,

Added: A new Fuel hit point for tracked armored vehicles (so they can lose fuel)
Added A new Hull hit point for wheeled vehicles (so they can be destroyed on a single critical hit)

i dont know thats it the kind off this issiue but simple too telling most off the vehicles can simple destroyed

If Mythbusters is to be trusted, shooting a vehicle, even if it's the gas tank, rarely blows up a vehicle or even sets it on fire.

Advertisement