BetterDeadThanZed

How do you use PLP Markers?

Question

I have been messing with PLP markers in the editor but when I try to export them using Exile Eden, it doesn't show up in the exported marker code. I had to set the marker type to "ExileTraderZone" to get it to be in the exported code and then it appears as a regular marker. How can I get it to use the PLP marker? Here's the code it exported:

class Item1
    {
        dataType = "Marker";
        position[] = {7607.65, 0, 4500.02};
        name = "ExileMarker1";
        text = "";
        markerType = "ELLIPSE";
        type = "ExileTraderZone";
        colorName = "ColorBlack";
        fillName = "Border";
        a = 1;
        b = 1;
        drawBorder = 1;
        id = 101;
        atlOffset = 0;
    };

Edited by BetterDeadThanZed

5 answers to this question

wow.. looks like i missed a post lol.. 

Exile becomes "Dance Moms!!" I love it!!

ok to OP..

Here are some examples of how to use.. These came from @DirtySanchez  I know he has a custom edit of the 3den plug for exile.. makes this a cake walk.  

Spoiler

//example boat trader
		class Item1
		{
			dataType = "Marker";
			position[] = {13242.7, 0, 10018.4};
			name = "ExileMarker1";
			text = "";
			type = "plp_mark_as_boat";
			a = 0.8;
			b = 0.8;
			id = 101;
			atlOffset = 0;
		};
		//example aircraft trader
		class Item9
		{
			dataType = "Marker";
			position[] = {4818.22, 0, 2517.34};
			name = "ExileMarker9";
			text = "";
			type = "plp_mark_as_airport2";
			a = 0.8;
			b = 0.8;
			id = 109;
			atlOffset = 0;
		};
		//example spawn zone
		class Item12
		{
			dataType = "Marker";
			position[] = {6834.13, 0, 2577.91};
			name = "ExileSpawnMarker2";
			text = "Chernogorsk";
			markerType = "ELLIPSE";
			type = "ExileSpawnZone";
			alpha = 0;
			fillName = "Border";
			a = 1;
			b = 1;
			drawBorder = 1;
			id = 112;
			atlOffset = 0;
		};
		class Item13
		{
			dataType = "Marker";
			position[] = {6834.13, 0, 2577.91};
			name = "ExileMarker13";
			text = "";
			type = "plp_mark_as_bicycle";
			colorName = "ColorBrown";
			a = 0.7;
			b = 0.7;
			id = 113;
			atlOffset = 0;
		};
		//Example Trader zone
				class Item20
		{
			dataType = "Marker";
			position[] = {6313.38, 0, 7798.35};
			name = "ExileMarker20";
			text = "Stary Trader";
			markerType = "ELLIPSE";
			type = "ExileTraderZone";
			fillName = "Border";
			a = 350;
			b = 350;
			drawBorder = 1;
			id = 120;
			atlOffset = 0;
		};
		class Item21
		{
			dataType = "Marker";
			position[] = {6313.38, 0, 7798.35};
			name = "ExileMarker21";
			text = "";
			type = "plp_mark_as_hardpoint";
			colorName = "ColorGreen";
			a = 0.8;
			b = 0.8;
			id = 121;
			atlOffset = 0;
		};

• Like 2

Advertisement

Why do we need to hear the same old.. "arrrghhh I've been doing this for 50 years" Z80? I dont think anyone cares and your posts take up an entire page.. Pretty annoying when searching for help on these forums...

A 'big' 5 years?  Woohoo!  I have been 'fixin' computers and stuff for 30+ years!  40+ years programming.  Why do you think my moniker is a Z80 CPU?  That is what I started with back in the mid 1970's.  Yes, I old enough to be your father, maybe even your grandfather and I definitely know better than you.  I used to be over 250+ techs (about 10 years ago), people just like you.  You most likely have nothing over me in most areas.

If you worked for a regular/normal company, most likely, you would have been fired for making such comments to a customer.  I have seen people fired for much less than this in the IT industry over my 30+ years.

Besides, what you do or do not do, has nothing to do with your behavior.  It is nothing more than just a 'deflection statement' as well as 'let me toot my own horn' comment(s).

And you're incorrect, I do get your point.  It's called 'Refuse to accept responsibility and blame something/someone else instead'.  No, I 'get' your point.  Lest we also forget you're 'above reproach' as well.  Again, I get your 'points' and I soundly reject them.

The 'personal shame' was only done by you on yourself.  It was you who made the comments.  I merely condemned them for being what they are - wrong.

I have such a right to condemn poor behavior.  This is a basic right given to humans in any society.  Who are you to tell me I can not?  Only the owners of this board can do such, only then, it would be here and not in 'real life'.

And it would appear you forgot what this forum is all about - HELPING PEOPLE!  Not condemning someone because they do not know what YOU think they should know!  Who made you 'judge and jury' to determine who can and cannot ask anything?  What test was required as well as the score on said test to be allowed to join this website or to pose a question?

Also, why are you being a hypocrite?  You state that 'it is wrong for me to correct you', and how do you do this?  By not only correcting me but by demeaning the OP! No, you're a hypocrite.  You also condemn those '12 year olds' as well.  Again, by your own words, who are you to do such?  Practice what you preach, then come back and correct me and them!  ;)

As a note on your comment on 'lazy people', I do agree with you and I do not answer such questions, I will always and in a professional/polite way/manner, point them in the correct direction.  I have a demonstrable past behavior on this site of such actions being imparted by me.

I will get you credit for realizing what had transpired on your behalf. 

If you do not like the condemnation, do not 'act the fool'.  Or as a more 'popular' saying goes 'If you can not do the time, do not do the crime'.

I appreciate the fact you realize your mistake to a degree and as I stated twice already, treat others as you wish to be treated and nobody will complain.

I will leave you with some sound wisdom:

Admit quickly when you make a mistake.

Be a man and 'own' that mistake.  Do not make 'excuses' for it.

Take steps to ensure you do not repeat said mistake.

Always remember, there are people who are better than you as well as those who are worse than you.

Because you may know more than someone else does not mean that these are 'bad people' or that you're 'better than them', it just means they lack the knowledge that you do.  They still have feelings.  And remember, at some point, you were one of them - we all were!

Turn any 'bad situation' into a 'positive experience'. - If you truly felt that his question was 'wrong', you could/should have educated him on how to locate said info.  Not everyone knows what you may know.

Impart knowledge and goodwill upon all those you interact with on a daily basis.

Treat others as you wish to be treated.

I shall now unsubscribe to this thread and any further comments will not be addressed by me on this subject.

I wish you well Kamikazexex .

:)

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Z80CPU said:

A 'big' 5 years?  Woohoo!  I have been 'fixin' computers and stuff for 30+ years!  40+ years programming.  Why do you think my moniker is a Z80 CPU?  That is what I started with back in the mid 1970's.  Yes, I old enough to be your father, maybe even your grandfather and I definitely know better than you.  I used to be over 250+ techs (about 10 years ago), people just like you.  You most likely have nothing over me in most areas.

Are you 80? you seem very butthurt for a 80 year old.

Advertisement