Monkeynutz

Vehicle Radar

11 posts in this topic

Hey @infiSTAR

Here's a new one for you! Or maybe not... idk

We had a vote on one of my servers to have the vehicle radar disabled. Basically Chernarus is a very flat map and we wanted it to be more visual gameplay so the players and the staff team requested that vehicle radar was disabled so i set that to false in the description.ext

After i did this a player came to me and said "You know you can re-enable the vehicle radar by opening the diary interface and closing it again"
So i said "what's that?"
He said "If you press 'J' twice a menu comes up that allows you to mute other players etc. but if you are in a vehicle such as the Kajman or a Wipeout, when you close this menu by pressing 'J' twice again, the radar comes back up fully functional!"

After this knowledge i had no choice but to re-enable radar for all vehicles again as this would be unfair to the people that don't know about this "bug"

And now players are complaining because they liked it being disabled.

So i was wondering what the ID of this menu is because i want to try and see if i can get infiSTAR to automatically close the menu when it opens to try and find out if the radar will come back if infiSTAR closes it, or we could get some code in the antihack that could possibly disable radar again if they open and close this menu "RscDiary" i believe it's called and if not maybe get them kicked for opening the menu so they don't do it again? 

I see this as a cheat or an exploit in the system because after digging around in various reddit posts and forum posts on BI, it appears that  it is not supposed to be this way but it infact is... 

So i am basically asking really nicely to maybe have something to counter this cheat implemented into the anti-cheat/anti-hack... pleeeeaaaaaasssseeeee :) 

All i want is the radar to be disabled completely and not have people bypass the showHUD script in the descriptioon.ext

:):):)

Thank you for reading this mate :D

Appreciate everything you do to keep us guys safe and cheat free :P

Advertisement
On 05/03/2017 at 8:56 PM, MGTDB said:

showHUD[] =
{
    true,
    true,
    false,
    false,
    false,
    false,
    false,
    true,
    false
};

Yeah, i did that. >>>>  We had a vote on one of my servers to have the vehicle radar disabled. Basically Chernarus is a very flat map and we wanted it to be more visual gameplay so the players and the staff team requested that vehicle radar was disabled so i set that to false in the description.ext

Thanks.

Advertisement