Eichi

Base and Vehicle Lock Security?

Please vote :)  

978 members have voted

1. 1. Introduce code lock levels and brute force gadgets?

• Yes
    • No

51 posts in this topic

We would like to adjust the way of how safe you feel in general. There is no real point to raid a base or a group of players if "there is nothing to loot". What we were thinking about:

Introduce code lock levels. The higher the level, the longer the pin code. The higher the level, the harder it becomes to hack it.

Introduce code lock brute force gadgets. Used to hack a pin code of a code lock. The higher the security level of a code lock, the longer it takes to hack it. Chances are higher to fail the higher the code locks security level.

Pricing of both a code lock and brute force gadget should of course be balanced.

• Like 19

Advertisement

I like this idea however I think that when you 'hack' a code lock it should tell you the code instead of just opening the door. This would add a new meta to the game where people cannot use the same code for everything or when you have a persons code you could wait for them to build up their base etc. Or it could take a long time to open high level locks. So you could sell a persons code for tabs.

• Like 7

You should also be able to upgrade a lock to introduce countermeasures so that failed keypad attempts etc have a chance of injuring or killing the person trying to break in. Something similar to this: http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/33869-release-autolockpicker-unlock-script-for-vehicles-and-locked-doors/

Edited by second_coming
  • Like 6

This is an excellent idea.

It gives base builders a secondary goal/tier to try and achieve in order to get a better feeling of 'safeness' and also the sense of progression. On the opposing end, it allows looters to raid otherwise impenetrable bases.

I think that if the attack if unsuccessful after so many tries (this would vary depending on the tier of the lock)1, should lock out for 30 minutes until the correct code is put in by the owner. This would stop players from just sitting at a base for hours trying to unlock doors but still gives raiders with lower tier gadgets the ability to 'have a go' at higher level doors.

1 For example:

• Level 1 lock: 10 tries before lockout
  • Level lock: 8 tries before lockout
  • Level 3 lock: 5 tries before lockout
  • Level lock: 3 tries before lockout
  • Like 6

+1, It is necessary, necessary, and then a lot of abandoned equipment with a lock. And more to come across lock than a new one.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english

Edited by xface

Or just make more buildable containers like epoch had that have a huge storage and cant be locked so when people raid a base they can find many stuff to loot there.

Safes should be safe at all times imo unless abandoned

Edited by Manny
  • Like 1

As @Dawg711 said, it's a great idea, but when players are offline it becomes quite trollish and unrealistic.

I think the best thing is to allow players to check dead bodies for any recent codes entered. You (the killer) won't know what they're for, but you know it was used somewhere, and it's up to the killer to try them out.

In addition, "lockout" timers could be implemented. If the wrong code is entered 3 times in a row, then the door is unable to be accessed for 30 seconds.

Edited by eraser1
  • Like 4

and maybe if u upgraded it to the highest that ur locks will activate a loud siren if any1 try to break it ? that would be cool :D but it must be balanced.

with balanced i mean that u need to fully upgrade it and need to buy the expensive siren

Edited by Requzz
  • Like 1

Advertisement