BetterDeadThanZed

Main Loop Stopped

10 posts in this topic

Advertisement

We had this issue and we ended up banning the player for adding millions of pop tabs. I think Mr infistar :) ended up putting him on the global ban list when i sent the uid to him.  

2 hours ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

Can this be caused by a player having a connection issue?

it's a client side loop which holds a lot of antihack checks, he could even disconnect it would still not effect that client side iteration. It's more likely that he ended the thread with a hack. if it was lag then the timer would lag out as well - if it was a gamefreeze than the timer would have been frozen too. The only real way to get that high number is really by ending the thread. If I were you I would hunt him down a few times and spectate him to watch his "playstyle" most kids are really obvious with their hacks :P

• Like 3

I just searched my for everyone that has "MAIN LOOP STOPPED" in the log and none of them have any items, pop tabs or respect levels that make me suspicious. I'd think if someone was using a hack, they'd use it to give themselves some nice gear, poptabs and respect.

That's true which is why I made it log only and not kick/ban as it sometimes happens for some strange reason. Arma just ends the thread.

However it's something that I (and you can really try it yourself) can not replicate. If I freeze my process, lower my packets sent, network connection, lag out the process, lag out the game, speed up the game (speed hack like so even the time accelerates xxx times)

it's hard to know why it's happening (if they are not hacking)

• Like 2

Advertisement