10-4_RubberDuck

In need of developer/scripting

25 posts in this topic

Hello to all and anyone interested, me and some friends started the process of making an exile server, we know how to make the map and placing of traders. We need a lot of help when it comes down to the scripting part of everything such as, prices of traders (which I have an idea), making god-mode in safe zones, missions and random placements of them, ect. We need a lot of help, if anyone can that would be amazing, my friends and I are willing to pay. Email me: [email protected]

p.s. We have a teamspeak or discord to speak, which will be emailed to you.

Thanks so much, -Brandon.

What happens when Arma updates and breaks your server(its inevitable trust me) You're going to pay someone again? Also not to sound like a dick but there is 1073 servers and more than half are dead. You'll have to have something really unique to pull people in

Advertisement
25 minutes ago, tehStrikeR said:

I literally just join these forums and this is the first thread I read and it has a moderator bashing someone who wants to create a server? What the hell did I just walk into?

You walked into friendly advice.

Too many people come here with no knowledge of how to run a server, but try to throw cash at it in an attempt to make it happen. At one point we were getting close to as many servers as there were players, which is just ridiculous. What the community actually needs is less servers and for all the fragmented players to migrate to other servers and populate those. Now I know the obvious response here is "but we don't like those servers, we want to do it our way", and by all means, go for it, but don't be shocked when the cost, the admin fatigue and the Arma'isms make you hate the game just a little bit more than we all normally do.

• Like 3

So to clarify what your saying is that you want people to join servers to keep them full rather then a fun experience? I understand your intent but like you said if servers have horrible staff/playerbase/servers wouldn't one want to create a better community? Curious on that subject myself. From experience great community = full servers

3 minutes ago, tehStrikeR said:

So to clarify what your saying is that you want people to join servers to keep them full rather then a fun experience? I understand your intent but like you said if servers have horrible staff/playerbase/servers wouldn't one want to create a better community? Curious on that subject myself. From experience great community = full servers

In my opinion, less servers filled with more players is always a good thing. Granted, there are players who prefer a quieter server and there will always be servers that are quieter than others which will cater to those needs.

But overall, with the amount of servers that spring up "because we're doing it better/different" they just end up sat empty whilst cluttering up the server lists..

12 minutes ago, tehStrikeR said:

Ah yeah that's understandable, just was curious, from a newbie point of view that mod reply seemed hostile ya know?

On behalf of Floss, I apologise if it seemed that way. It is most probably because these kind of posts end up leading to a bazillion support posts down the road because when people only want to pay to have something setup for them instead of learn how to do it themselves, they generally also don't bother reading anything to help them troubleshoot. I know I'm generalising a bit but there is a definite pattern that we as Moderators and contributing members of the community end up finding quite draining.

By all means, setup a new server, but read read read read read how to do it and you'll have a much better time of things. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tehStrikeR said:

Ah yeah that's understandable, just was curious, from a newbie point of view that mod reply seemed hostile ya know?

I don't mean for it to seem hostile its just i've seen the same questions posted in General Discussion a thousand times over and they either get scammed or their server dies then they blame the game or mod. I guess i'm just brutally honest.

I totally agree with the moderators. If you want to make a server for you and your friends by all means do so. However, take the time to learn how to do it and put some effort into it. The amount of post like these "willing to pay for server setup" is just absurd. Something WILL break and when that happens you will find youself stuck. No one's trying to be a dick, just cold hard truth.

• Like 1

Advertisement