Meork

Spawning in ground frozen, SQL errors

Question

I'm spawning stuck inside of the ground facing a bunch of grass in my server I'm trying to host, I can't get mysql to work properly now, whenever I try to connect to the exile server and run it in heidisql I get an error message referring to line one of the syntax where there is no error evident.  Does anyone know why this is happening? I've uninstalled reinstalled edited every file in every fucking way possible and there is literally no end to these issues.

13 answers to this question

In MySQL player design table, change hitpoints varchar value from 255 to 1023 or change varchar to text
If you look in the player table in hitpoints, you will see bugged players do not have a closing bracket after their saved hitpoints

Good

[["face_hub",0],["neck",0],["head",0],["pelvis",0],["spine1",0],["spine2",0],["spine3",0],["body",0],["arms",0],["hands",0],["legs",0],["body",0]]

Bad

[["face_hub",0.00393701],["neck",0.00393701],["head",0.00393701],["pelvis",0.00393701],["spine1",0.00393701],["spine2",0.00393701],["spine3",0.00393701],["body",0.00393701],["arms",0.00393701],["head_hit",0.00393701],["hand_r",0.00393701],["body",0.003937

You will need to make the change to how hitpoints are saved as per top of my post and also copy pasta a good hitpoint save and paste it into bad player saves before they can spawn as normal.

Edited by MGTDB
  • Like 4

Advertisement

Dedicated server running on TADST, using HeidiSQL and XAMPP. I'm just trying to get a wee baby exile server going for me and a few friends. I want to use more mods other than Exile and Exile Server but currently I have A3 at Vanilla because I don't know what is happening to make everything go crazy. Let me know specifically if you need any other information, this is my first server so I'm slow to the get go.

But I'm pretty sure that the issue is in MySQL at this point, I just have no idea how to go about fixing it. The error it refers to is not evident, but there is an error. As well, when I load the Exile.SQL, and attempt to update, it does not. 

42 minutes ago, MGTDB said:

In MySQL player design table, change hitpoints varchar value from 255 to 1023 or change varchar to text
If you look in the player table in hitpoints, you will see bugged players do not have a closing bracket after their saved hitpoints

Good

[["face_hub",0],["neck",0],["head",0],["pelvis",0],["spine1",0],["spine2",0],["spine3",0],["body",0],["arms",0],["hands",0],["legs",0],["body",0]]

Bad

[["face_hub",0.00393701],["neck",0.00393701],["head",0.00393701],["pelvis",0.00393701],["spine1",0.00393701],["spine2",0.00393701],["spine3",0.00393701],["body",0.00393701],["arms",0.00393701],["head_hit",0.00393701],["hand_r",0.00393701],["body",0.003937

You will need to make the change to how hitpoints are saved as per top of my post and also copy pasta a good hitpoint save and paste it into bad player saves before they can spawn as normal.

Thanks very much, sorry but i'm kind of new. I can understand what your saying but not quite sure how to do it. Would i be altering the table on mysql? i dont think a i have a player design table.... :/

EDIT - Would this be correct? - ALTER TABLE player ALTER COLUMN hitpoints VARCHAR (1023) NOT NULL;

EDIT 2 - This changed the Varchar to 1023 successfully - ALTER TABLE player MODIFY COLUMN hitpoints VARCHAR (1023) NOT NULL;

EDIT 3  - This did not fix the issue :(

Thanks though, been struggling for a while, you're already making life easier.

Edited by Fin ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You will still need to manually "fix" the individual players who cannot spawn in by pasting a working hitpoint array into the player database.
The fix above will only prevent it happening again

19 minutes ago, MGTDB said:

You will still need to manually "fix" the individual players who cannot spawn in by pasting a working hitpoint array into the player database.
The fix above will only prevent it happening again

Ok, thanks, there isn't any data in any of my tables, does this matter?

As in SELECT * FROM .... returns an empty set. In every table...

Edited by Fin ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
more info

@MGTDB Iv'e changed the varchar to 1023 and changed the hit points on that certain player, Just a quick question will everyone in my database without this at the moment have this same problem? Am i better to go ahead and change everyone in the database that isnt online to this? (for as long as it will take lol)

Edited by DavieReid88

Advertisement