MonnSTAR

Best way to remove traders from mission.sqm

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

What is the best way to remove traders from the Tanoa mission.sqm file? It's structured a bit different from the Altis mission.sqm and I could just use some pointers as how to best remove it from the code and what other parameters I need to change as a result of removing them , as there are too many traders on the map right now and we want to narrow down options for traders giving players more freedom to build places and also so it won't affect mission spawning.  Thanks in advance.

Edited by MonnSTAR
Taking out the code because I couldn't get the code box to collapse.

Traders are located in the initPlayerLocal.sqf file within your Exile.Tanoa. Go the the location of the ones you don't want in game, get the position, and then delete the line from your initPlayerLocal.sqf.

• Like 1

Advertisement

Do you recommend commenting them out or just simply deleting them from the code? Also, how do you recommend dealing with the mission.sqf to get rid of their icons?

So I found the trader that I wanted out of the InitPlayerLocal.sqf and deleted the code out of the file, save it, then went into the mission.sqf and found the marker for that trader and deleted the two class sections associated with that marker and changed the class item number from 58 down to 56, because I deleted two sections...saved it, re-pbo'd the file and the server wouldn't show up, so I am obviously doing something wrong here.

Does anyone have a Discord or Teamspeak they would like to help me out on, as this is a lot to try to cover via forum posts and rather annoying because I'm not getting full answers from anyone.

You can join my Teamspeak, but I am on Hawaii time so I probably won't be on when you are.

Teamspeak: thecrew.ts.nfoservers.com

You could also have a look at my guide, there is a trader section in it.

• Like 1

Advertisement